We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Newbury, United...
3 posts
Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

Hi,

I will be travelling from Tromso to Bodo by Hurtigruten ship in Febuary 2018, then catching a flight from Bodo to Oslo.

I will arrive in Bodo at 2.30am and have a couple of hours to pass before the airport opens for the early flight out.

Firstly, is there anywhere to stay warm at the port Terminal after getting off the ship, or anything open at that time in the morning?

Secondly, is it possible to get a taxi from the port to the airport at that time of the morning?

Any information would be great, thank you.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
33,004 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

I do not think there is anything open at that time of the morning except a hotel lobby.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

The ship stays in port until 4.15 . You don't have to leave the ship as soon as it reaches the port. Stay on board, that will be the most comfortable, and ask the reception to book you a taxi at 4.15 . Enquire whether you can stay in your cabin (should be doable if it is not rebooked from Bodø), or stay in a lounge. Cafeteria may even be opened for a coffee.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
33,004 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

In my days the Hurtigruten café was open around the clock.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

That's my experience too, but things seem to be changing quickly so I don't want to give information I'm not sure of! :) But yes, cafeteria should be open. I think staying on board is the best solution.

Edited: 24 August 2017, 14:40
Newbury, United...
3 posts
5. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

Thank you for your advise, it is good to know that it is possible to stay on the ship.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Newbury, United...
3 posts
6. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

Thank you for taking time to reply, I really appreciate your knowledge on this, it has been very helpful.

7. Re: Facilities at Bodo Port Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2018, 06:18