We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodo to Bergen By Rail

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bodo to Bergen By Rail

I'm planning a trip to Norway in June and will be travelling to Bodo from the North to catch the train down south.

Has anyone traveled from Bodo to Bergen by rail? How was the experience? I have a ScanRail, I assume this will cover the cost of the trip minus the reservation fees and the sleepers.

I did some research and the route is from Bodo-Oslo-Bergen. If anyone had travelled this route before, your thoughts and experience will be much appreciated.

Saltstraumen
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Scenic Walking Areas
Bodo Domkirke
Speciality Museums
Trondheim
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodo to Bergen By Rail

Haven't done the whole trip in one sitting, but all the pieces by themselves. When it comes to sleepers remember the Norwegian railcompany (NSB) has revamped their sleepers and you now have to book an entire cabin, no matter it you only want one bunk (earlier it cost 100 NOK for a bunk in a 3-4 bunk cabin, now it's 750 NOK, even if you're the only one travelling).

Sitting/lying for 24 hours straight on trains would be a bit much for me. And with the cost of a sleeper it might be better to travel by day and sleep in the cities were you'd be changing trains anyhow (Trondheim and Oslo).

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodo to Bergen By Rail

You should try to check out some cheap fligths. You will in Bergen in about 2 hrs from Bodø.

3. Re: Bodo to Bergen By Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Bodo