We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
33 posts
How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

I am planning to make reservation of flight between Bodo and Tromso on Jun.06.2011. I will arrive to Bodo at 09:10 a.m. and the flight time is 10:40 a.m., which means I have only one and half hour to catch the plane.

1) Is it possible to catch it from the railway station to the airport?

2) Can I catch a bus from the station to the airport?

3) If I have to catch a taxi, how much does it cost?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

Rail station to airport in Bodø is 3km or 7min. in a taxi. The price should be affordable. http://tinyurl.com/6gt8cjo

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
33 posts
2. Re: How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

Appreciate on your help, iverh .

Edited: 17 April 2011, 01:55
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
3. Re: How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

If you're from outside of Norway, you'll soon realize that the taxis are way more expensive than most other places. I got one in Bodo when there for work in February, it took 12 minutes to get to the airport, and he charged over 300 nok for that. But, the railway station is located in the city center, and there is an airport bus that goes to the main hotels, so you should be able to catch that one too. And in summer, the train should be on time. This is Norway, not Switzerland. :)

www.avinor.no/en/airport/bodo/tofromairport

Oslo
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

You could use the travelplanner www.177.nordland to plan this travel.

The railway station is: Jernbanestasjonen (Bodø)

The airport is: Bodø Lufthavn

But the time schedule for June is not updated yet in this planner.

If todays results is valid: First bus after your arrival 09:40, 5 minutes walk from the railway station up Bankgata. Then 15 minutes travel time.

My recomandation will then be to start to walk to Bodø Bussterminal and eiter take a bus from there to Bodø Lufthavn or continue to walk to the airport. Please only follow the Sjøgata to the bus terminal - 1 km.

Take first a look at the map you will get from the travel planner, and thereafter search up the railwaystation through googlemaps. In streetview you could walk the way to bussterminalen and maybe continue to the airport.

Bodø Lufthavn is a small airport and check in is directly after the entrance. And the departure is in the second floor. But - security could take some minutes at this airport.

5. Re: How far is it from Bodo railway station to the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2015, 17:15