We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bodo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

I am making the journey from Bristol in the UK, to visit my partner who is working in Stamsund for the winter.

I have booked all other aspects of my journey, and my train from Trondheim - Bodo arrives on 29th January at 17:28. (It is the only train I can take because of the time of my flight. )

However, when I came to booking my boat from Bodo, it appears there is only one a day to Stamsund at 15:00 and alternativley one a day to Svolvaer at 17:15

That means that this last boat departs 15 minutes before my train arrives!!

I am shocked that this fifteen minutes cold impact my journey so drastically and delay me even further from seeing my partner for the short time we will get to spend together.

If anyone has any suggestions at all it would be much appreciated.

Are there are any other boat companies operating that crossing?

I have looked into flights but they are too expensive.

Please help!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,829 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

There is a car ferry from Bodø to Moskenes every day at 16:30 hrs (15:30 hrs Wednesdays) - NOK 161. The ferry dock is right next to the station in Bodø.

http://www.torghatten-nord.no/

Edited: 16 January 2013, 13:04
Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

Thank you, but I still won't make it in time as my train arrives 17:28. I am really looking for something that leaves in the evening, form 18:00 on wards, so that I can get from the train to the ferry. But good to know - and cheap!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,829 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

Sorry, I overlooked your arrival time. The next ferry would be at 1:30 am Wednesday. See link above for timetable.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

If you take the ferry to Moskenes, be aware that Stamsund is 80km from Moskenes and there won't be any bus before the morning.

The price differences between flying and taking trains, ferry and bus are small, the time savings are big. I would consider a flight Oslo-Bodø-Leknes, tickets from 1100 NOK.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,829 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

If you get off the train at Fauske, there is a possible connection to Lofoten by bus and ferry. A bit of a 4 hour sightseeing in the dark - but I think it will be your only chance for a same day connection. You will get as far as Svolvær. Around NOK 300.

Please use this travel planner

www.177nordland.no/?ac_id=1&ac_parent=1

Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

Ok thank you - I will look into it!

Oslo, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

i can i book a flight from oslo to Leknes on May 2?can someone please help me

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,829 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

www.wideroe.no

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

Hello! Im traveling from bodo to svolvaer in december and im a bit afraid because i still dont know how i will make this part of my trip. Is it too difficult to find help and buy tickets right there in bodo getting off the train? I arrive in the morning. Also, i have to find a way to get back from svolvaer to bodo 3 days later for a train booked at 22.30, must be possible to catc something right?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,829 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Winter Ferry Bodo - Stamsund/Svolvaer

@Valentinapaz

If you go to the Lofoten sub-forum and seek out the top questions, there is one about getting to and from the islands including link to operators and time tables.

Get answers to your questions about Bodo