We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

Hi,

I'm taking the Svolvaer to Bodo express ferry that arrives in Bodo at 10:00 AM, and have a flight from Bodo to Oslo that leaves at 10:55AM. I need to be at the airport by about 10:15 to 10:20, which should be fine given it's only a 10 minute drive from the ferry terminal. My main concerns are:

1. Will the ferry arrive on time? Is it usually on-time/early?

2. Will there a lot of taxis waiting at the ferry terminal to take us to the airport?

Thanks!

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

That is a connection I wouldn't touch with a 5000 mile pole. The ferry is usually on time , but bad weather can delay it

The main taxi-stand in Bodo is 160 meters away from where the ferry lands. Prebooking would be essential for you.

Even if you prebook a taxi to wait for you as you deboard the boat, you're planning on getting off a boat, finding your taxi, driving the 1.5 miles to the airport (5 minutes if there isn't any traffic), paying the driver, exiting the taxi, entering the airport and getting to check-in in just 25 minutes.

Even if everything is on time you're cutting it so close that even a red light can result in you missin gyour flight.

If you've already booked the flights I'd change them for a later departure.

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

As a tourist, you would normally have a low-price, non-changeable ticket. The this plan is scary. With a full-price ticket, you would just take the next plane.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,774 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

You need to assess the consequences of missing the flight - if the airline just bumps you on to the next flight for free then go for it. If it's going to cost you a new ticket at counter prices then think again. 10:55 is presumably the Norwegian flight - next flight with them is probably 15:30. SAS has more flights and better timing.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 18:02
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

All airline tickets can be changed for a fee. Paying the fee would normally be much cheaper than the walk-up price at short notice. Or og to Bodø the day before.

5. Re: Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 22:49
6. Re: Will I have enough time to catch my flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Bodo