We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding on a dogsledding outing, solo early January

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Deciding on a dogsledding outing, solo early January

Hello,

I'm visiting Tromso for a few days at the beginning of next year. I am trying to decide between two dogsledding day tours on offer. The tour run by the Tromso Wilderness Centre and the tour run by Arctic Adventure tours. Both are 4 hours long and Arctic Adventure is about 400 NOK cheaper, but The Wilderness Centre offers a meal included.

I can't book for the tour run by Lyngsfjord as they specify a two person minimum booking (my companion on this trip is begging off from dog sledding for reasons of advanced age) So my best choice seems to be between the two operators above.

Can anyone with experience of either tour suggest which might be the best option for me?

Thanks in advance.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding on a dogsledding outing, solo early January

If you like to stay in queue with 200 another people, for the dog sledding, and for the food, the you should choose the wilderness centre.

But, if you like to join the dogsledding in peaceful nature with small groups, then you should choose Arctic Adventure Tours.

Don't worry about the min. 2 persons, because all companies have this policy, and you will not be alone here in January; It's high season!

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding on a dogsledding outing, solo early January

Yes, i can confirm what gunnar says - there was a solo driver on our trip to lyngsfjord;) your co traveller could always consider the other options offered at lyngsfjord? When we went there was a whole coachload - some doing reindeer sledding, some aurora hunting...

Edited: 30 October 2012, 19:50
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding on a dogsledding outing, solo early January

Thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated.

Its good to know more about the two person rule. I think that the Arctic Adventure tour sounds like the best option for me. As I will definitely be solo on the day.

4. Re: Deciding on a dogsledding outing, solo early January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:16