We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Swansea
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

Hello there,

We are hoping to travel to Tromso at the end of February, for either 3 or 4 nights, in the hope that we will catch the NLs. We would also like to go whale watching, and also other activities such as dog sledding or reindeer sledding.

Will whale watching still be possible at that time of year?

We have had some quotes for the Clarion With, the Radisson Blu and the Hotel Thon; does anyone have any recommendations? (All have reviews on here!).

I am a little confused by the amount of NL tours...so many to choose from, and so many different prices....

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26,732 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

My best advise would be to read through the relevant posts on the Tromsø forum regarding whales, hotels etc. and also consult some of the top questions.

Note that February is peak season and some of the tour providers may be fully booked.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,348 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

The last whale tour goes at February 20th with Arctic Fishing Adventures.

For all different prices on the NL tours, please check what is included and how long time they last. If they have to be back in the city early, then you maybe miss out the late show, or clear sky who can be 50 km further away...

Some have dinner included, and you need food..;)

Swansea
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

Thank you for your replies.

What a shame that we will miss the whale watching by a few days. Is there anywhere elsewhere than Tromso that we can go travel to to see the whales?

Thank you for the advice about the NL tours.

:)

Gloucester
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

When I was researching NL trips I decided I had more chance of seeing them by booking an independent aroura chaser. Due to limited availability I booked the trip round his availability. I didnt want to go on a 50seater coach with limited opportunity to really explore and have 50 people round me whinging their cold and tired.

ive booked clarion with to save on food costs. I go in a few wks :)

Swansea
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

Thank you for that Huskylover1. After more research we are hoping to book with Clarion too - you're right about the food costs! When are you travelling?

6. Re: Tromso at the end of Feb... 3 or 4 nights... NLs & whales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18