We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Maastricht, The...
Level Contributor
42 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions?

I’m leaving for tromso in a few days now. I will arrive Thursday. and stay untill Tuesday.

I have already tours planned (Friday night NL tour , Sunday: Dogsledding, Monday: Fjord tour)

I read a lot in this forum about boat trips (or bus trips) but who can tell me what is really worth the effort to do on the Friday or Saturday?

I know it will depend on the weather a lot. I probably rent a car to chase the nothern light myself for a day or two so if you know something to drive to, please let me know.

i ask this because i only have a short period of time, and i like to get info from the people who really know the area.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Peter

Edited: 28 February 2014, 07:34
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions?

If the sky are clear on the coast then the Lyngen alps - Skjervoy round trip are a wonderful thing to do...

But, please don't forget that Tromso it's worth a day of your time too; the cable car, the Arctic Cathedral, the Polar museum, Polaria, Planetarium, Perspektivet, Tromso museum (Sami history) and a walk in the city with all the cafes and bars.

Enjoy!

Habich
Level Contributor
850 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions?

Hi! We are going to be in Tromso for one day in July. The 28th to be exact. Want to do the Polaria, The Arctic Cathedral and the Science Center (Planetarium). Do the places really open at 11 am??? Or maybe a bit earlier??? That would make my planning tight!! And I'd like to see the film in the Planetarium....The ship doesn't wait!!!

Thank you!

Toni

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions?

Hi. This is an old post from February!

Please open a new topic and you will get more answers on your questions...

On the forum page, you use the button: "Ask a questions".

4. Re: Any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:15