We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

In the period from December 10th, 2016 to March 31st, it will be a daily bus from Tromsø and Narvik to Polar Park, and return trip from Tromsø to the Lyngen Alps.

Tromsø / Narvik offer will come soon on http://www.visittromso.no and http://www.visitnarvik.com

The offer for Lyngen Alps are already online and out for sales. Please check www.visit-lyngenfjord.com/en/?Article=122

Mentioned in this post
The Lyngen Alps
The Lyngen Alps
39 Reviews
Lyngen Municipality, Norway
Fjord Cruise with Arctic Wildlife...
46 Reviews
from US$155.90*
Free Cancellation
Northern Lights Chasing Small-Group...
89 Reviews
from US$155.90*
Free Cancellation
Small-group Arctic Landscapes...
3 Reviews
from US$137.20*
Free Cancellation
8 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

Hello Guide Gunnar!

Do you know if this bus will be available in Sept 2017? I am trying to see if I can get to Blåvatnet from Tromso and back in one day.

Thank you,

Hayley

Mentioned in this post
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

To BLåbatnet you need a rental car, since it's a long walk to this lake... I think...

It's only a 50 km drive and then a ferry to the Lyngen Alps, plus the drive to the start point for the walk...

It's still good driving conditions in September with no icecand snow, so you should choose that options for have a whole day in Lyngen.

For the bus, please check the website ..;) I know they are talking about to start earlier, but probably not in September...

Mentioned in this post
The Lyngen Alps
The Lyngen Alps
39 Reviews
Lyngen Municipality, Norway
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

Hi! We are visiting in October but the bus is not available then. May I know if there are other ways to get there? Can we hire a driver and car to take us there?

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

Yeah, several guides do a private tour, so then they can make the tour for you..;)

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

Thanks so much for your reply Guide Gunnar. We ended up renting a car.

Do you have any other recommendations for amazing hikes or other things to see in the lygen fjord region or in the troms region in general.

Thank you!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,068 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

https:/…hiking-in-norway

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

North tip on Nord-Lenangen you can walk to a cabin with great view over the ocean...

South of Lyngseidet you'll find Furuflaten, where great walking paths lead you in to 3x glacier arms.

And little bit further towards Oteren you'll find Steindalen which also have a great walk into a glacier...

NB! Warning Warning!! Stay away from the glacier front, cause stone and ice fall, and never walk on the glacier without right equipment and a guide who can lead you!

Edited: 23 August 2017, 17:05
Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!

Thank you! I really appreciate your well researched responses here. Helped me a great deal to plan my trip to Tromso.

Mentioned in this post
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
Reply to: Daily bus from Tromsø to Lyngen Alps!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted