We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 Days in Oslo in WINTER

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Mollet del Valles...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
14 Days in Oslo in WINTER

Hello everybody!

I'm 23 year (young) student from Spain very active and willing to experience adventures :)

I just found out that flights are very cheap to Oslo from my region from 24 December to 5 January. So I would like to get this chance and fly to Norway! It was my dream to do an Erasmus there but is so expensive and so on.

I love the nature so I would love to see the landsape, countryside and walk walk and see a lot (in the measure of possible). I hate being closed at home so I think the tracks should be of 4-5 hours and then going back to the city and enjoy the '"nightlife" haha.

Also say that as a student I have a small budget. For accomodation I've found an Hostal that's seems OK.

There are few things that I'm afraid of like:

- How many hours of sunshine there are at this time?

- Is there a lot of snow?

- Is it dangerous for a young lonely girl?

And also questions:

- Is it posible in winter to make easy-middle hiking tracks nearby? (and if you can recommend me some)

Mmm that's all for the moment

Thank all of you so much! Cheers!

1 reply
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 Days in Oslo in WINTER

There’s usually a reason for cheap flights! Unless you are interested in cross country skiing then Oslo is not an ideal winter destination. However snow is not guaranteed and you may be lucky (and me unlucky) and find the trails bare and walkable. Don’t forget hours of daylight are short with sunrise around 09:00 and sunset 15:00.

Why not use the opportunity to learn cross country skiing?

Oslo at least is very safe for anybody.

Do note that shops will be closed from 24th to 26th Dec and 1st Jan. If you are looking to self cater you will find it very difficult to buy foodstuffs etc.

Reply to: 14 Days in Oslo in WINTER
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted