We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslo Airport (Rygge and Gardermon) to city center

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Oslo Airport (Rygge and Gardermon) to city center

I'm deciding whether to book a flight from Bergen arriving Oslo Rygge Airport or Oslo Gardermon airports. Norwegian air offers much cheaper airfare for arriving Rygge than arriving Gardermon airport. Would it more difficult and more expensive to ride the bus from Rygge airport to Oslo city center and does its bus stop near central train station (I will be staying at Thon Astoria). Its website does not show bus schedule in english, so i do not know its timetable.

On the next day early morning, I have to fly from Oslo Gardermon leaving at 7 AM. What's the best way available from Thon Hotel Astoria to the airport during this very early morning (train/bus/taxi)? As it is an international flight, I've to arrive 2 hrs before departure time. Therefore, what time should I leave hotel and by what kind of transportation?

Thanks,

Oslo
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oslo Airport (Rygge and Gardermon) to city center

I would choose bus from Rygge airport, takes 65 min and cost NOK 120,-. You may also take free shuttle bus to Rygge train station and train from here, 131 NOK. I guess the bus service will be slightly faster and cheaper. The bus is connecting with the flight schedule.

It stops at Bussterminalen, and unless you carry heavy luggage you can easily walk to your hotel in 10 min from the bus terminal. There is also a taxi stop outside the terminal.

First train with Flytoget(Airport Train) leaves 0445 from Oslo S, and will be at the airport 0507. Add 3-4 minutes walking from the station to departure hall. NOK 160,-. I am never earlier than this for an international flight from Gardermoen myself, so this would clearly be my option.

Flybussen(Airport bus) leaves from Bussterminalen, gate 28, 04:05 every morning. NOK 180,-. Please note that this is a night ride, next departure will be around 0530. I doubt you will be at the airport much earlier than the train.

If you insist on being there 0500, you must take a taxi, fixed price is around NOK 600-650. To be there 0500, you should leave the hotel around 0415. There is no traffic this early.

PH

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oslo Airport (Rygge and Gardermon) to city center

Panserhansen! is there a wbaddress for more information on the free shuttle from Rygge trainstation to Rygge airport?

thanks

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,585 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oslo Airport (Rygge and Gardermon) to city center

You find all necessary information about Moss Rygge Airport in this link:

http://www.en.ryg.no/

4. Re: Oslo Airport (Rygge and Gardermon) to city center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 06:25