We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

Greetings! This is my first post on here! I leave for Norway next week and i'm very excited about my trip!

I did have a question about getting from the airport to my hotel. I arrive in the late afternoon/early evening (probably about 5:30 or so when I clear customs and collect luggage) and was planning on taking the Flytoget train into Oslo.

From reading about my hotel it sounds as if I would be better getting off at the National theatret station and walking as it says it is only two blocks away. (I'm staying at the Scandic KNA on Parkveien).

However looking at the station info there are three exits and I was wondering which one I should take?

Also is that area safe for someone to be walking alone at that time of the day with suitcases a couple of blocks or would I be safer getting off at the central Oslo station and taking a cab? I don't mind walking but I will be alone and with luggage so don't want too if thats not a wise option safety wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! THANKS

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,574 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

Scandic in Parkveien is some 200 meters easy walk from the station. Use the exit to Ruseløkkeveien/Henrik Ibsens gate (but no big difference).

Norway is very safe, greatest threat is the tram (pedestrians must yield). Scandic is next door to the heavily guarded US embassy. Nice neighborhood.

Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

Thank you very much for your help! I am greatly looking forward to my trip and can't wait to get there!

Perthshire,Scotland
Level Contributor
38 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

Is the Best Western West Hotel near this station?

Will be travelling from the airport around about 11pm - how will I get to the hotel?

Many Thanks

Oslo
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

Yes, BW West is in the same area.

http://www.westhotel.no/en/About_us/?module=Articles;action=Article.publicShow;ID=904

gulesider.no/kart/…3Droute

And about safety:

Norway is probably the safest country in the world. There are some people addicted to drugs a couple of blocks away from the Central station (Skippergata) and in the same area some professional beggars from eastern Europe, but even there it's completely safe to walk around.

5. Re: Getting from the Airport/Nationaltheatret station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 05:40