We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry-on luggage on SAS

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville, VA
7 posts
Save Topic
Carry-on luggage on SAS

We're flying from the U.S. to Oslo in May via Scandinavian Airlines, and I noticed on the SAS web site that they have a one carry-on per passenger limit. Does anyone know if this means a purse counts as a carry-on? For example, can I have a small piece of luggage (meeting their 8 kg limit) and a purse, or is that not allowed? How strict are they? Thanks!

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
397 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry-on luggage on SAS

If their web site says one carry-on per passenger, that is what it is. You need to get everything in this one baggage. I don't know about SAS but Ryanair is very strict on this, you are not allowed to have a purse or a small handbag in addtion to your baggage

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry-on luggage on SAS

SAS is not a low-cost airline like RyanAir. To my experience they are not very strict, rules about luggage are enforced only when necessary.

I am sure it will be accepted to have a purse in addition to your carry-on,

as long as it is a purse and not a bag.

Norway
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry-on luggage on SAS

If I'm traveling with a purse or other extra item, I always make sure that I could stuff the purse into the carry on bag in case someone insists.

At some airports (Heathrow, and I'm sure there could be others) they may not let you through security unless you can get everything into one bag. You can take it out again once you're through.

4. Re: Carry-on luggage on SAS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 05:18