We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway May

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford
14 posts
Save Topic
Norway May

Hi,

I'm planning on coming to Norway in May (fri night till Sun night) for the football. I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for places to stay. I want to stay somewhere near the city and also somewhere easy for me to get to from the airport (Rygge) and football stadium.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Kyle

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,929 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norway May

Which football stadium?

What is your nightly budget in NOK?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norway May

I guess you are coming for the match Norway-England at Ullevål Stadion May 26?

Ullevål Stadion is well connected by metro from the center of Oslo, any hotel in the center would be convenient, but It looks like all the moderately priced hotels are already fully booked for that week-end.

Thon Hotel Ullevaal Stadion, right next-door to the stadium, has availability: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Bradford
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Norway May

Thanks,

I will be going for the football game at the Ulleval stadion.

I'm ideally looking for somewhere thats not to expensive or too cheap. I don't want to stay in a hostel. Cheapest hotel i've found is £144 Radisson Blu Park Hotel.

I ideally want to stay somewhere not far from the city or the ground

Bradford
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Norway May

i've also been looking at the comfort hotels for the comfort xpress one. with my flight being late on the friday (getting into olso around 11pm) are they many buses/trains to the city?

Edited: 10 March 2012, 00:25
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norway May

If you are landing at Rygge at 11pm it will take you 1hr. to reach Oslo by bus.

Public transport in Oslo runs until midnight, you may need to take a taxi to get to your hotel. The Comfort Express Hotel has a convenient location in the center of Oslo, the Radisson Blu Park is out of town in the neighbouring community Bærum.

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norway May

Haraldsheim Youth Hostel is just 20 minutes from the stadion - ten minutes to walk to the metro and three stops.

They had vacancy when I checked now:

http://www.haraldsheim.no/

Oslo
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Norway May

If you want to see the schedule for public transport you can go to this website:

http://reiseplanlegger.trafikanten.no/en

Press "Oslo sentralstasjon #" in the "from"-box and the adress of your hotel in the "to"-box.

Oslo
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Norway May

... or you can write "Rygge flyplass" in the "from"-box to see the best plan all the way from Rygge airport.

9. Re: Norway May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:43