We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oslo at Christmas

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London England
Level Contributor
119 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
oslo at Christmas

Thinking of taking my family of husband, me and two teenagers to Oslo on Boxing Day for a 4 day break from London. Is there plenty to do and will everything be open for us? Can anyone suggest a great hotel thats in a good position for us to stay in - 4* is fine! Thanks

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,809 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oslo at Christmas

Shops will not be open on boxing day - it is the big day for going to the cinema. I suppose some restaurants will be open. From thursday onwards things run more or less as normal - sales may have started.

For accomodation and things to do, please see the official web site

visitoslo.com/en/…

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oslo at Christmas

In church terms, Easter is the "silent week". But Christmas is really quiet too. But things will be open. The Viking ships museum is open from Thursday.. So is the Astrup Fearnley Museum and Mumch Museum. No concerts this week and some restaurants etc. might be closed.

3. Re: oslo at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:17