We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NSB Tickets

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
NSB Tickets

Hello all

So i bought two mini prix tickets from NSB website for my trip from Gothenburg to Olso for 7am train in June, i did not create a profile online. I selected the pick up method as "ticket agent/ticket machine/app" at check out. Then i noticed because my train is too early, i cannot pick up ticket from ticket agent and the location does not have ticket machine. So i installed the app to my iphone and my question is how do i find the tickets i bought? I did not find the place where i can input the pick up number and download. If that doesn;t work, can i give the ticket inspector on the train my pickup code and he can check from his machine? I have emailed NSB and haven;t hear anything back and just wondering if anyone had similar experience before. Thanks for your help in advance.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NSB Tickets

According to the NSB website if you bought the ticket online without being logged in on a profile it's impossible to retrieve the ticket on the app.

Could you not get the ticket the day before?

Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NSB Tickets

yeah, i got the reply from NSB, same answer. I will need now re-purchase the tickets.

I want to get the mini prix tickets so i assume buy them in advance online is the best choice? also, what's the best way of pick up online tickets for tourist? on board i guess? i tested the app, can't retriev anything if not connected to network in which i won't have during my trip. I will need to buy few more tickets for my trip so just want to make sure, thanks again :)

3. Re: NSB Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:17