We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Singapore, null...
13 posts
Save Topic
Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Hi, i have a quick stop over on Oslo this coming November and i will be staying there for 1 1/2 days.. I would like to visit the vigeland park but my plan is from airport straight to vigeland park then back to airport.. So i would like to know how far is it from the airport and how much is the cost if i will take taxi..and how much is the cost of the entrance at Vigeland Park..

Please help!! thanks..

Oslo
Level Contributor
172 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

The Vigeland park is open 24h and there is no entrance fee.

If you take a taxi directly from the airport this will take approx 45 minutues and cost you 800-1200 NOK.

Alternativly, and reccommnded, is either taking a bus or the train. The airport express train takes 25 minutes and cost 170 NOK. Take the train to the central train station and transfer to the metro (any westbound line), get off at the stop Majorstua (three stops from the Central trains station) and walk for 5 minutes.

Alternativly you can take tram number 12 from Jernbanetorget (just outside the central station) and it stops just outside the main entrance of the Vigelands park.

Cheaper alternatives from the airport is the regular train or for example the SAS airport bus to the Central trainstation.

There is also an airport express coach from the airport to Majorstua (5 minutes to walk to the Vigeland Park from the end station).

Just our of curiosity, why are you staying at the airport rather than the city centre?

Singapore, null...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Hi thank u so much for this detailed information.. reason why i just want to stay at the airport is because i have an early morning flight 10am going to Reykjavik.. So instead of paying an accomodation and travelling from my accom to airport, so i just decide to stay there at the airport and wait for my flight.. :)

Singapore, null...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Hi Oslotravelprincess, well i think u wer right.. i better stay at the hotel rather than waiting at the airport.. :)

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,769 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

For a 10:00 flight you presumably want to be at the airport at 08:00. The local train from Oslo S station at 07:34 will get you there at 07:57, or the next one at 07:54 there at 08:17, and cost only NOK 90. So why not stay in Oslo centre? The airport hotels are expensive and so are their restaurants and nothing much to do there. On your way in if you take the local train again (not express or bus) the ticket price includes free transfer for 2 1/2 hrs, so covers the tram to Vigeland park - most hotels will let you check in early if there are rooms ready or at least drop off luggage, so do that then continue on to Vigeland.

It might be cheaper for you to buy a 24hr ticket for zone 1 and supplementary tickets from the airport - then you have free transport for 24 hrs and could visit the opera roof, art galleries, museums or just take the metro up to Frognerseter and enjoy the view. http://www.visitoslo.com

You will find a good choice of restaurants in the city centre and quite safe to walk around day and evening.

If you are travelling in and out from the airport within 24hrs then a 24hr ticket for 4 zones costs the same as two singles and would give you free travel over the whole network for 24hrs.

Edited: 16 August 2013, 09:08
Oslo, Norway
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Hi,

The easiest and cheapest way to go from the airport to the Vigeland Park is using the airport express train (around 200 NOK) and then change to the tube at the central station. The airport express train takes 20 mins to the central station. Then the tube will take another almost 10 mins to Majorstuen (westbound, you can take any tube to Majorstuen). It takes 5-10 mins to walk from the tube station at Majorstuen to the park (easy to find).

There is no entrance fee to go to the park itself, if you would like to enter the museum there is a fee.

You can also take the airport express bus straight to Majorstuen. It cost a little more, and takes a little over an hour.

Taxi from the airport to Majorstuen would be quite expensive, at least around 1000 NOK.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,279 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

ShinyHappyGirl, the cheapest is NOT to take the express train! The cheapest is to take the local train. This is already described in detail by dyoll in reply #4.

Edited: 17 August 2013, 00:41
Singapore, null...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Thank you for all the inputs... it will really help me a lot!! I am so excited now to visit your place.. and i hope even i am just a solo traveler i hope i can find way to enjoy it.. Hope there would be no difficulties for me to read the signs and directions.. (i mean hope there is an English signs everywhere...)

By the way, it seems that i will be using the airport express coach www.flybussen.no but i have a confusion, my i will be staying in Ellingsens Pensjonat which is 1km away from Radisson Blu Hotel.. And ive found out tht theres a coach from airport tht will be stopping over infront of Radisson Blu. But when i am trying to book, it says "Sas Scandinavia Stn" instead of "Radisson Blu".. Am i booking the right station?? Are they the same?? Coz i want to get down at "Radisson Blu" so from there i can walk heading from my hotel..

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Radisson SAS hotels have re-branded all their hotels as Radisson Blu and there are two in Oslo, the Scandinavia (by the Royal Palace) and the Plaza (by the bus station). Bus timetables and Google Maps have not yet changed the names. The Scandinavia is the one you want.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,769 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

Take local train from Gardermoen to National Theatre station, same price as I described earlier and ticket lasts 2 1/2 hours. Cheaper and quicker than bus.

10. Re: Distance from Oslo Airport to Vigeland Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:17