We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

I will be travelling Norway in Mid Jan next year. I am planning to visit the Fjord. I want to do Oslo-> Mydral -> Flam -> Gudvangen -> Voss -> Bergen, however I could not find the bus route from Gudvangen to Voss, is bus avaliable in winter time?

Also is there advise on the route if I want to visit Sognefjord also? (I will be staying in Oslo for one day and then go to Bergen and stay two days.)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,809 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

Flåm and Gudvangen are located on the Sognefjord. Doing Norway in a Nutshell like you plan to do, there is a boat trip from Flåm to Gudvangen and a bus Gudvangen to Voss included.

norwaynutshell.com/sitefiles/1/Rutetider/Tim…

Edited: 23 November 2013, 06:37
Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

Bus timetables here: https:/…

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

Check the sun-rise/sun-set schedules. I will be doing a NIN at the end of Dec. (when sun rises at 9:20 & 9:46 and sets at 15:15 & 15:33 in Oslo and Bergen respectively (according to internet ;- )). If you do the trip in Jan as you described, you'll be seeing the fjords in darkness- you choice though. I preferred to do the Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal. If you want to arrive from Oslo, that will necessitate either departing from Bergen or taking the overnight train from Oslo and waiting in Voss for almost 4 hrs.

Edited: 02 December 2013, 18:01
New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

by end of Jan you'll gain almost an extra hours of sun (light)

5. Re: Fjord Visit (Bus from Gudvangen to Voss)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17