We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
us
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

I've read that there should be a ferry 601 or 602 running from Akker Brygge to Drobak. I will be in Olso the beginning of June and would like to make this trip. Does the ferry still exist? Where can I find information about the schedule and prices? I've tried the ruter.no web site but it always only gives me a bus route between those places. How can I see the ferry route?

Also, is it possible to travel from Drobak to Oscarsborg?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

The ferry 602 Aker Brygge-Drøbak exists, time table here: https:/…baat_602_140422-141005_V2.pdf

You will see that until June 20 it runs Sat and Sun only, from June 21 daily. Drøbak is in zone 3, single ticket bought in advance is 70 NOK. The ferry docks at Oscarsborg before arriving in Drøbak. There is also a local ferry between Oscarsborg and Drøbak.

(To find the time table on the Ruter web site you have to use the Norwegian version and click on "Rutetabeller i PDF")

us
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Thank you very much!

Am I reading that correctly: there are two trips per day?

If I have a zone 1 ticket, can I pay the supplement directly on the ferry?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Yes, there are two dep. Sat and Sun.

There is a Ruter ticket office on the ferry dock at Aker Brygge, buy you supplement ticket there.

us
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Could someone please point me to the local ferry information between Oscarsborg and Drøbak? I gather the ferry goes to Sjøtorget every hour but I'm having trouble finding the schedule, price and terminal info.

If I catch the 10:00 ferry from Akery Brygge, that should put me in Oscarsborg at 11:25 which gives me about 5 hours explore Oscarsborg and/or Drobak before catching the 16:40 ferry from Drøbak back to Akery Brygge. Does that make sense?

Edited: 13 May 2014, 18:51
us
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

forsvarsbygg.no/festningene/…

Does this mean that the ferry from Oscarsborg to Drobak is discontinued?

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

No, they have just changed the departure jetty in Drøbak to Sundbrygga. Map is here forsvarsbygg.no/Documents/Festningene/Ferget…

Open Norwegian sites in Chrome browser for translation.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
156 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Hello,

Suppose I have bought a 7-day ticket (240). How much supplement do I need to pay for going to Drøbak & Oscarsborg? Is it 60 or 60*2? Thank you

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,791 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Drøbak and Oscarsborg are in zone 3S, assuming that you have a 7 day ticket for zone 1 you will need supplementary tickets at NOK 40 each to either destination - buy on the ferry (which is just a summer service - no timetables available now). These tickets should be valid for transfer up to 1 hr after validation, so I doubt if you could make a return journey with them - you'd need to buy supplementary tickets for the return journey. The ticket validator will confirm whether tickets are still valid. You could also reach Drøbak from Oslo by bus - same cost in supplementary tickets (buy from driver), but all-year ferry to Oscarsborg is not included in Oslo public transport and you'd have to pay for ordinary tickets on that.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
156 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Thank you for your reply.... but I am still confused :'(

Did you mean to say:

Akker Brygge to Drøbak 40 NOK

Drøbak to Oscarsborg 40 NOK

Oscarsborg back to Oslo either by ferry or bus 40 NOK which means a total of 120 for supplementary tickets? Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry schedule/price from Akker Brygge to Drobak?

Supplementary tickets for Oslo-Drøbak are 40NOK, both on the ferry and the bus.

The ferry between Oscarsborg and Drøbak is however not part of the Ruter ticket system, you have to buy a full-price ticket. 2014 fare was100NOK for adult ticket bought on board, 90NOK if bought from ticket machine on the mainland: forsvarsbygg.no/Documents/…

If you take the ferry from Oslo and plan to return by bus it makes more sense to visit Oscarsborg before Drøbak, the ferry from Oslo stops there.