We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundays

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Tysons Corner...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sundays

I know that most things are closed on Sunday in Oslo or they close early. Can anyone recommend things to do on Sunday?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sundays

"I know that most things are closed on Sunday in Oslo or they close early."

Not correct. All museums and other attractions, sightseeing tours and other activities as well as most restaurants and cafés are open on Sundays. Only regular shops are closed. Convenience stores and shops catering to tourists are open. http://www.visitoslo.com/

Tysons Corner...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sundays

Thank you, I must have been misinformed.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
15,853 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sundays

Some attractions are closed on Mondays though - perhaps not many in summer holiday season, but worth checking - e.g National Gallery. Munch museum is closed on Tuesdays? out of summer holiday season. Most of the attractions on Bygdøy appear to be open all week.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sundays

www.visitoslo.com/en the official tourist website is useful and can help you find opening hours.

Tysons Corner...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sundays

Visit Oslo also has a really good app as well.

Tysons Corner...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sundays

Thanks everyone for the help!

Tysons Corner...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sundays

I read some where that all the bar/pubs are closed on Sundays. Is this true or was I misinformed again. Also if this is true where can you go to grab a beer on Sundays. Thanks for all your help guys!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sundays

Misinformed again. A few night-clubs are closed on Sundays, but still hundreds of places where you can grab a beer on a Sunday in Oslo

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sundays

It is pretty quiet during Sunday, at least near the area that I stay in near the Oslo S station. But there will still be some cafes or bars available for your to grab a bite or beer.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sundays

@ryan If you go to one of the restaurant areas rather than hang out around Oslo S you will find more places to eat/drink - even o Sundays