We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Coventry, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

Hi

I am visiting Oslo soon with my wife and will use the airport express train to the city centre. I have read that I can save some money by swiping my credit card to pay for tickets rather than using a sales counter to buy them. I have registered my credit card but when I come to use it in the swipe machine how do I include my wife on the same card? Do I swipe it twice, or hand it to her, or is there a way of telling the machine the number of passengers travelling?

Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

It is not possible to include your wife on the same card when using the swipe procedure. Your wife has to use a different credit or debit card, or you will have to buy tickets from a counter. I guess the policy is based on Norwegian payment practices, everything is paid for by card nowadays, kids from 10 and up have debit cards and use them to buy a pack of chewing gum.

Registering your card is not necessary, it is only a method to get a receipt for your ticket.

Coventry, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

Thanks for your reply - cheers!

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
15,853 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

You can buy tickets from the machine at the same price as swiping, and then you can buy 2 with same credit card. It is only using the ticket office that incurs a charge. But note that the local train is only a couple of minutes slower (though you may have to wait longer for the train) and costs only NOK 90 and gives you free transfer to buses and trams on public transport in Oslo for 2 1/2 hours. Buy at the Public Transport counter at the airport instead of battling with NSB ticket machines.

Coventry, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

Thats useful information - thank you!

5. Re: Oslo Airport Express credit card ticket swipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16