We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OSL Change Flights

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
OSL Change Flights

Hello Experts,

I have a question regarding arrival-derparture times @ OSL. Yes, I've read the Top Question part on the right. :)

We will arrive on the 13th of august, 2014 by Lufthansa LH860 from Frankfurt. The scheduled arrival time is 12:00pm. Our onward flight would be SAS SK4112 at 13:05 to Bodo or Norwegian DY346 at 13:20 to Bodo as well. As far as I know both airlines operates from OSL not RYG.

But as I need to grab our checked-in baggages and check-in to our onward flight (I don't know if online check-in is available at SAS/Norwegian or not, as I have not bought the tickets yet, but still we need to drop our checked-in bags off as well), do you think its possible to reach our flight or I should choose a latter flight (in which case, we will miss our ferry in Bodo by the way).

Thank you in advance!

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,763 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OSL Change Flights

I would say that 1 hour is generally not enough to pick up checked-in luggage, drop bag and find your gate. In any case you should check in advance so you don't waste time at OSL.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,007 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OSL Change Flights

Similar thread a few days ago: tripadvisor.co.uk/…59163553

Not even 1hr 20 mins is really safe - consider the risks and consequences - one of the big disadvantages of separate non-changeable point-to-point tickets.

With Lufthansa being in Star Alliance with SAS it may be possible to arrange a through ticket which will eliminate the financial risk for you, whereas with Norwegian if you miss that flight (check when check-in closes and gate closes) you will have lost everything and have expenses such as new ticket at walk-up price (though check if Norwegian has some sort of deal for closely missed flights - Ryanair does).

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OSL Change Flights

Thank you guys! dyoll, I have missed that thread, I will read thru it!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,819 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OSL Change Flights

Lufthansa and SAS are Star Alliance and you should be able to get a through ticket Frankfurt-Bodø and will be covered in case of delay or if you miss your flight. You will be put on the next SAS flight available - with a late arrival in Oslo, that could be the next morning. There is on-line check-in, self service at the airport both for baggage tags, bording passes (if necessary) and self service baggage drop. What takes time is picking up the luggage, clear customs and go through security. As a gerneral rule 90 minutes is the bare minimum at OSL.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,819 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OSL Change Flights

On-line booking engines suggest the SAS flight at 15:35 to Bodø. In fact, I think your Lufthansa flight is SAS. You might also consider flying to Harstad/Narvik Evenes airport and take the bus to Lofoten.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 10:41
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OSL Change Flights

Good idea, I will take a look! Thanks!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OSL Change Flights

That was a very valuable idea Klimaflyktning, as the SAS flight tickets are actually cheaper than flying to Bodo, but as far as I can see at http://www.177nordland.no/, the last bus to Moskenesoya leaves at 17:05 and the connecting SAS flight would arrive at 17:30+immigration, etc.

Or maybe go with Norvegian flight (13:20-15:00 to Harstad/Narvik), but in this case I have the same problem with connecting flights in OSL.

Is there any other option to get to the Moskenesoya available?

Edited: 24 June 2014, 21:39
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,929 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OSL Change Flights

Rent a car?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OSL Change Flights

Hello Pippi2,

Not suitable for budget travellers like us. :)

Only 177nordland operates buses on the Lofoten Islands?

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,763 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OSL Change Flights

177nordland is the information service for public buses.