We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oslo must sees

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
oslo must sees

I will be reaching Oslo airport by afternoon 12.00 on 25 July. I will be staying at Rica Oslo Hotel and will be leaving next day morning by 8 a.m.

a) I would like to visit Vigelandsparken Sculpture Park, Akershus Fortress, Norwegian Opera & Ballet, Holmenkollen -Ski Museum, Viking Ship Museum, National Gallery, Natural History Museum, Fram Museum. Kindly let me know the order in which I can do this.

b) Please let me know if I have left out some must see place.

c) I have taken the Oslo pass for 24 hours. Will it be useful if I take a hop-on-hop-off pass also.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oslo must sees

In one of your other threads you were staying at Comfort Hotel Grand Central and leaving at 07:40 - tripadvisor.co.uk/…59351010

Are you pulling our leg?

Now you want to visit 8 attractions spread all over the city in ½ a day - Please!

Read: http://www.visitoslo.com use Google Maps and use travel planner at https://www.nsb.no/en/

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oslo must sees

Not at all dyoll. I don't want to pull your legs at all.

I am reaching Oslo on 25 July. I will be staying at Rica Oslo and leaving next day for Greiranger and NIN.

I will return to Oslo on 30 July and will be staying at Comfort Hotel Grand Central and next day morning I will be leaving for Copenhagen. Hope I am clear now.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oslo must sees

Thank you for the explanation - I think replies on this thread cover your questions too: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190479-i551-k76…

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oslo must sees

Thanks dyoll. Will the hop-on-hop-off buses be helpful?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oslo must sees

No, using regular public transport will be more time-efficient. Plan in advance how to travel between places: www.ruter.no .

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oslo must sees

Thanks iverh

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oslo must sees

I have already bought the Oslo pass. That means free travel on all public transport.

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oslo must sees

السلام عليكم - Hi :)

If you would like some pointers to Oslo - I've made this google map with places to see and where to eat for friends and family visiting from abroad and I don't mid sharing it:

https://www.google.no/maps/ms…

Kind regards,

Maria

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oslo must sees

Thanks macklose

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: oslo must sees

Hi

We have spent the last two days in oslo and have been out and about using the great public transport system to visit the sights. I do not think you have any chance at all to see all you have listed. As an example our days were

1. Walk to ferries to catch ferry over to Viking museum. Visited Viking museum, folk museum, kon tiki, fram and maritime museum, ferry back to dock late afternoon, nap, night out along kal johann and sent rum area just wandering around looking at some of the great buildings

2. T bane to natural history museum to walk around the gardens at about 8.00 am then metro to ski jump are, fantastic views! Then metro back to Vigelans sculpture park for a walk around, this takes a few hours. Tram to Akers Brugge for late lunch and some shopping over at oslo city centre later.

We will be back in early September for 3 days and will se some other sites then.