We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rygge airport to Tonsberg

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Moss hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Hi Group,

Has anyone arrived at 21.35 at Rygge airport (Ryanair) and then had to get to Tonsberg?

Grateful for ideas if anyone has.

Thanks

Ian

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,470 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Hmm, not tried that, perhaps ferry from Moss, then bus from Horten to Tønsberg. Locals will have better info.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Thanks

Geordielad 6580

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
397 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

It depends on when you are coming (summer or winterroutes). I guess summer routes:

Option 1: You can take the ferry from Moss to Horten, the ferry leaves at 2200, 2300 and 2400. I do think 2200 is a bit early for you, it is about 10-15min driving time from the airport to the ferry. The ferry uses about 25min. The last bus from the ferryterminal to Tønsberg leaves at 2308 on weekdays. This means that if you are going to catch the last bus, you need to be on the 2200 ferry.

Option 2: There is free shuttle bus from the airport to Moss trainstation, then take the train to Tønsberg, but the last train are leaving at the trainstation 2214 www.nsb.no/rutetabeller/resultat/…

Does somebody else have another suggestions?

Edited: 18 June 2010, 08:14
Newcastle
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Thanks for the info. I cant believe that Ryanair have such lousy flight times (and WHY they dont use Torp!)

Geordielad

Newcastle
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Thanks

Geordielad

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Hi guys,

Hitting Oslo on Saturday. Flying with Ryanair into Rygge airport and was wondering what is the quickest option for getting into the city? I think there is a shuttle bus service to the nearest train station and from there I can get a train? Is this correct and if so how long does it take? Also, how much is it for a return trip per person? Is the shuttle bus included in the price?

Cheers,

Nigel

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Hi Nigel,

This question has been asked time and time again, and you will find information if you use the search option on the top left of the page.

Here is a link for you with options:

http://www.en.ryg.no/kat/000009.asp

http://www.en.ryg.no/kat/000087.asp

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Thank you Greek-traveller. What would be your top 5 recommendations on things to do while I am there?

Cheers,

M

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

Look up this link and make your choices:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g190479-s409/Oslo:N…

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rygge airport to Tonsberg

From this table, it appears that a taxi before 24.00 from Horten to Tønsberg should cost you 430 kroner. After midnight, it should cost 460 kroner. The distance is 20 kilometer.

http://www.tonsbergtaxi.no/?CatID=1224