We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 posts
Save Topic
Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

Hi guys, on the 27th I will be arriving at Rygge airport from Cyprus. My flight lands at 17:50 and I was wondering what you think my odds are to make it for the 18:50 train that departs from Rygge train station. I will have 1 luggage and there is a bus that goes from the airport to the train station 15 minute before departure. You see I am taking the train to Gothenburg so if I miss it I'll need to spend the night at the airport, which means I will miss the first university meeting. My experience with ryanair is that they tend to arrive a bit early.

So in conclusion, assuming my plane lands at 17:50, can I make the 18:35 bus that will take me to the train station? I am quick on my feet, I am excluded from immigration control so the only problem is how long it will take for luggage's to be processed.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
5 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

Cyprus is not yet member of the Schengen treaty, coming from there you will have to og through immigration control. Still, 1/2 hour is normally sufficient to get out of the airport, you have good chances of catching your train if your flight is on time,

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
15,655 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

This link might be interesting: http://tinyurl.com/mm6u2z4

Shouldn't be any problem if your flight isn't late, but I'd advise to get a seat near the exit to avoid long queue at passport control. Ryanair usually block off the first few rows of seats - use the luggage lockers above these as near the front as possible. Join the boarding queue early, the priority boarding people usually take up 1-2 of the seats in the first few available rows, so it is easy to get the third seat in a row near the front. Just before landing you could try moving up and sitting in the previously blocked rows under your carry-on.

By one luggage do you mean check-in luggage or carry-on? Anyway the check-in luggage usually comes through pretty quickly - but depends if there is a flight arrival just before yours.

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

Great that's good to hear thanks. Does anyone know what the bus that takes you to train station look like and where will I find it? Is it going to be right outside the airport exit? I am trying to get an idea of where things are so I dont waste time looking around like a tourist :)

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
15,655 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

You should find all the information here: http://www.en.ryg.no/

Basically right outside the exit - should be well market/signed - Rygge is small and the bus will be difficult to miss - if in doubt there is an information desk right by the exit.

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station

Ok thanks a lot, I will let you know how it goes. Cheers

Reply to: Tight time frame, from Rygge airport to Rygge train station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted