We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Kristiansand hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
2 posts
Save Topic
budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

Does anyone know what the best/cheapest accomodation would be between those dates. I am looking to stay for a week in Kristiansand.

I understand there is a music festival on that week which is making it difficult/expensive to know what to do.

I am travelling there from oslo (torp) anyone know of available fairly cheap accomadation during this week? or even a campsite with a tent??

thankyou.

chris.

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

Try this website:

www.sorlandet.com/index.php…

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

Hi Chris,

Budget accommodation in Norway? Try the Fiction section!

Seriously, my experience is that budget accommodation with basic comfort simply does not exist. There are no English-style B&Bs, small family-run hotels like the Logis de France, and upstairs pensions in Norway.

We found that rooms with a double bed (differing from bunkbeds in a dormitory or a mattress laid on the floor) with bedding start around US$160 per room per night. Thoughtfully, breakfast is included in this basic price, which is good because it would probably cost you about $20/person in a restaurant.

If you look hard on the internet, you may be able to beat this price slightly, in a private residence sort of place.

By the way, here's a tip. Don't stay in Kristiansand, unless you have a compelling reason for overnighting in the city. To savor the true Norwegian experience, drive about 35 km west to Mandal, one of Norway's White Towns. Mandal has the charm of a small Norway town (but be assured that in its hotel prices it keeps right up there with the big towns). I found this out the hard way, complete with a US$100 Kristiansand parking ticket, levied while I was parked out in front of a hotel checking on availability and prices.

Happy travels, see that you have lots of room on your credit cards, and let me know if I can help further!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

Thankyou very much AuroraNorway, that link has proved very useful indeed, I found exactly what i was looking for and have booked up at probably the only budget hotel in Kristiansand for the week, (well apart from one night at the end of the week, but thats ok).

I had almost given up hope of finding anywhere reasonable priced in Kristiansand, You are right Capetien it is almost science fiction, and during the music festival week they are nearly all booked up too.

It shows that u can find these budget places, but you need some local knowledge to point u in the right direction.

Thanks again for your help Aurora.

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

You're welcome Chris. It's always a pleasure to help other TA members.

5. Re: budget accomadation in kristiansand 29/6/2008 - 6/7/2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 14:20