We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Kristiansand hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southend
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

Is there a coach/bus from Torp Airport to Kristiansand? Any ideas to where in Kristiansand, how much and how long it takes?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

E18 from Kristiansand to Sandefjord runs inland and is quite boring, there is no reason to travel this route for scenery. I would check other flight options, f. ex. Kristiansand-Stavanger with Widerøe and Stavanger-Heathrow with SAS or BMI.

Transit is not a problem as long as you're flying with network airlines on one ticket and have your luggage checked through.

Stamford
Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

Thanks for that advice - The SAS option looks good - BMI not presently offering that route. I was trying to avoid Heathrow and prefer Stansted but the only flight there is from Torp with Ryanair, or from K'sand via Copenhagen with a combination of Wideroe and Ryanair, which I think would involve collecting the bags in Copenhagen? But it maybe that Heathrow is preferable to the long bus journey - I will sleep on it!

Stamford
Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

A quick update in case anyone else is doing this trip. I booked the ryanair flight from Torp to Stansted, (which was cheap and easy for me the UK end). i travelled from Kristiansand to Torp on the bus

lavprisekspressen.no/index.php/lpe/rutetider#

which was also cheap and easy - excellent service - the bus arrived on time was easy to find, courteous driver helped me with my bags, and you underestimate the beauty of your country - I really enjoyed looking out the windows at all the forests and lakes - it was lovely, and very leisurely. There was a 30 minute stop at Grimstad services which had lots of shops and and fast food if you wanted to get lunch. Torp airport is tiny and very manageable so the whole journey was great! Relaxed, simple and cheap! Would use this route again, though I notice this bus route does not tie in with the ryanair inward frlihgt from UK........ so back to the drawing board. Is it possible to get to a train station near Torp to get a train to Kristiansand?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,825 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

Free shuttle to the station, train to Kristiansand with one or more changes.

www.nsb.no

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

There is no convenient train connection from Torp to Kristiansand if you arrive with Ryanair at 16:30. First possible train departure is at 21:46. Also note that the train connections take 5,5-6hrs. while the buses take 3,5hrs. Your best option to go to Kristiansand after arriving with Ryanair is taxi to Fokserød and Sørlandsekspressen from Fokserød at 17:50: …nor-way.no/nbeiis/…

Stamford
Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

thanks both. Yes I think the latter option (bus from Fokserod) is best.

Stamford
Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

Hello me again, traveling to Kristiansand from Torp. This link:

http://www.konkurrenten.no/default.aspx

indicates there is a bus from fokserod at 14:35 on a Wednesday, arriving K'sand at 17:55. Is this a feasible option for a ryanair flight arriving Torp 13:30? I have only hand luggage.

Thanks for your advice.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

That should be feasible if your flight arrives on time. If you don't make it, there is a departure with Nor-way Bussekspress at 15:50.

Stamford
Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

Thanks Iverh! Oh I wish this journey was easier....

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Oslo (Torp) Airport to Kristiansand

I am just guessing that your repeated travels to Kristiansand have to do with a love affair? Cheer up, use your time to learn Norwegian, there are plenty of job opportunities and no formal obstacles for citizens of EU countries :-)