We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My day in Kristiansand

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
My day in Kristiansand

Hi! We will be arriving by cruise ship at 8:00 on June 30 and departing at 18:00. I would like to go to Lilleland and take the sightseeing boat back to Kristiansand. Looking at the timetable on Blindleia's website, it looks like you have to book a roundtrip, but I don't have time for a roundtrip! I thought I'd take a taxi first thing upon arrival to Lilleland and then catch the boat when it makes its stop in Lilleland at 10:00, arriving in Kristiansand at 13:00. Then I would have the afternoon to enjoy Kristiansand.

My questions are:

Is it worth the effort in time and expense to get to Lilleland, where I would have only a short time to explore before having to catch the boat back to Kristiansand?

Can I even get on the boat in Lilleland and get off in Kristiansand?

Can I get a taxi at the dock to take me to Lilleland? (I think taking the bus would take too long.)

Thank you for your help! Angelika

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My day in Kristiansand

I guess you mean Lillesand (with an 's'). It's 32 kilometres from Kristiansand. According to Agder Taxi's taxi calculator, it will cost you 700 kroners. This is within working hours on weekdays. Nights and weekends are expensiver..

http://www.agdertaxi.no/?page_id=587

You can order a taxi from the ship when you get within mobile range of land:

+47 38002000

The taxi will probably take around 40 minutes. You have, in other words, time to catch the boat back to Kristiansand. You would even have time to stroll along the two streets of Lillesand before it departs.

http://www.blindleia.no/?articleid=5

Edited: 05 June 2012, 19:51
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My day in Kristiansand

In my opinion the boat trip is worth it, ecspecially if the weather is nice. You come by a lot of picturesque communities along the coast. The taxi to Lillesand may even take less than 40 minutes. Two taxi companies available in Kristiansand: Agder Taxi +47 3800200 and Taxi Sør +47 3802800. Yo may ask for a fixed price when you cal them.

I guess a similar trip is offered by the cruise company, same route but other boats and with guiding in english. You may read more about it here cruise-norway.no/Ports/…Attractions.aspx

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My day in Kristiansand

Thank you both for your responses! I appreciate the information and look forward to my day in Kristiansand - and Lillesand! :-) Angelika

Habich
Level Contributor
822 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My day in Kristiansand

And??? How was it???

5. Re: My day in Kristiansand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2013, 10:15