We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic time in trondheim

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Trondheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
romantic time in trondheim

hello,

My boyfriend and I are traveling/working in Norway during 4 month and it is soon my boyfriend's birthday. I want to surprise him with a nice day and night in Trondheim. (we are sleeping in a tent most of the time) Do you have any advices about funny or nice activities, a nice restaurant (not to fancy but more than a burger/pizza place) somewhere with something special, and a good hotel ?

He loves surprises :)

Thanks for all your advices !

Alizé Vandercruyssen

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic time in trondheim

Best hotel, IMHO, is Rica Nidelven - placed right next tot the River Nid/Nidelva (with the dinish room where Norway's best hotel breakfast is served, portruding over the river).

Den Gode Nabo has a small converted barge as a serving are on the river during summer. Great place to relax and enjoy the town best beer selection during summer days. They also do great food (very limited selection, daily fish or meat plus pizzas and burgers).

Lian Restaurant (http://www.lianrestaurant.no/) in the forrests of Trondheim (easily reached by the town's only tram line) does great food. Located next to a small lake that popular with families and young couples on sunny days. Not open for the public on a daily basis, only 12-18 on Sundays and 12-16 on Wednesdays.

Munkholmen (Monk's Islet) in the fjord is easily reachable by boat during the summer months. Very popular on sunny days for bathing. They also have tours of islet.

If you want something with a bit more speed you can go Fjord Rafting with http://www.fjordrafting.no/ (email: fjordrafting@fjordrafting.no).

Norway
Level Contributor
494 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic time in trondheim

Hi.

I agree with Whisky travell, the best hotel is Rica Nidelven. The greatest breakfast!!! And nice rooms, i always ask for the "old" rooms, i think they are the cosy ones. They are not old or bad in any way, but the newest rooms are more for business people i think.The oldest have carpets on the floor the newest dont. All depends on what you like. You might be able to ask to see the rooms before settling in.About restaurants, we enjoy the Big Horn Restaurant, good food and good service every time we have been there. Not the most fancy and not just a burger place. Have good steaks and some seafood.Absolutly walkable from Rica N. and most other hotels in the area. Have a great stay in beautiful Trondheim.

3. Re: romantic time in trondheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Trondheim
More Trondheim Topics