We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Trondheim, Norway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas in Trondheim, Norway

We are thinking of spending Christmas in Trondheim, Norway this December. Does anyone know of any caterer where we can cater traditional Norwegian Christmas dinners? Or Hotels that offer Christmas Dinner?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Trondheim, Norway

In Norway Christmas is spent at home and most hotels will be closed. For a taste of Norwegian Christmas you need to go to a ski resort or take the Hurtigruten cruise ferry.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Trondheim, Norway

The will be some hotels that are open and those with restaurants will most likely have some service for residents.

If I were you I'd head up to Roros for the Christmas days. Roros looks like a postcard of Christmas past. Bergstaden Hotel (http://www.bergstadenshotel.no/index_eng.php) usually dishes up with a traditional dinner (buffet style), Christmas carols, walking around the Christmas tree and a visit from Santa.

From their homepage I see that the offer room, breakfast and dinner from 695 NOK per person,.

From Trondheim you can take the train to Roros. From Oslo you can fly with www.wideroe.no (SAS Partner/Star Alliance).

3. Re: Christmas in Trondheim, Norway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Trondheim
More Trondheim Topics