We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

Kindly advise on the way to travel from Bergen to Haugesund by public transport.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

Have a look at visitbergen.com they list transport alternatives to and from bergen. There is a train from what I can gather with a company called HSD.

Does anyone know if there is a sailing club nearby.. .I'd love to catch a delivery trip between Bergen to Haugesund

Mentioned in this post
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

Hi

You can take the fastboat....check out www.flaggruten.no. This is the timetable http://www.hsd.no/upload/Side%2011.pdf

Regards

Gard

http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

Hello Gardkarlsen,

Thanks for your opinion. We'll be taking Ryanair to Haugesund and wonder if it is more convenient to go to Bergen by bus or by boat.

Mentioned in this post
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

The Nor-Way BussEkspress coach runs between Haugesund and Bergen and is a comfortable way to travel. The coach has to use two ferries during the journey which breaks it up nicely. The journey from Stavanger to Bergen takes five hours by coach, note that some coaches don't call at Haugesund so the service from there is less frequent. I would guess it would be around four hours to Haugesund. I would recommend the fast boat Flaggruten which costs more (640KR vs 400KR) but the scenery is lovely and you can move around on the boat, sitting outside if the weather's nice. It takes roughly the same amount of time as the coach.

Mentioned in this post
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Stavanger
Stavanger
Stavanger Municipality, Norway
Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

I definitely recommend the ferry as opposed to the bus. You can sometimes get discounts on such transport, along with hotels and restaurants, with a Fjord Pass or a Skanplus pass. Take a look at the websites below and see if it applies to you.

Besides saving time and being more convenient, I think the ferry is a great way to see the lovely Norwegian coastline and to experience a mode of travel not that many countries utilize as often as Norwegians.

You can check the local websites below for more information.

have a great trip!

www.visitbergen.com

www.virtualbergen.com

www.bergen-guide.com

www.hsd.no (Flaggruten ferry)

Mentioned in this post
Fjord Tours
Fjord Tours
1,814 Reviews
Bergen, Norway
Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to travel from Bergen to Haugesund

The bus is cheaper and only takes 3,5 hours. It goes on a fairy for an hour, so you can see the sea and fjords.