We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway!

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Norway!

We will be in Stockholm for a week until July 7. We are free from July7 noon through the entire day of July 8. We need to leave for London early morning July 9. Can we plan to fly from Stockholm at 13:40 July 7 to Bergen, and stay there through July 8. We just want to enjoy the scenery and fjord. We do not plan to do anything else. Please give us suggestion for such a short tour, to take full advantage of a taste of the best of Norway. Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norway!

One of the best day trips for scenery and fjords is Norway in a Nutshell, round trip from Bergen: http://www.norwaynutshell.com/

norwaynutshell.com/en/…prices

North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norway!

Question is would I be able to benefit the spectacular scenery more by

1)staying in Bergen the entire time from July7 afternoon and fly out of Bergen to London July9 early in the morning, or

2)by flying into Bergen July7 afternoon, taking the Norway in a Nutshell early morning July8 from Bergen to Oslo, and flying out of Oslo to London early July9?

Thank you to anyone who could help.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norway!

I would do the Norway in a nutshell ROUND TRIP from Bergen as suggested by iverh, as this option is optimized in terms of scenery and experiencing Bergen, a World Heritage City.

Fly into Bergen July 7th in the afternoon. Do Norway in a nutshell round trip from Bergen July 8th. Fly out of Bergen early in the morning, or if you could postpone the departure to later in the day to get more time in Bergen.

Bergen official tourist website:

visitbergen.com/en/…

norwaynutshell.com/en/…prices

Edited: 16 January 2012, 02:42
Oslo
Level Contributor
13,510 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norway!

If time is very limited, I would recommend Bergen + fjords (Nutshell), skip Oslo.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norway!

..and I'm trying to say the same as OsloViking in case this was unclear in my post...Norway in a nutshell Bergen-Flåm-Bergen.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norway!

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions. What if we fly into Bergen from Stockholm, arriving in the afternoon July 7 (we cannot leave Stockholm earlier than noon July 7). We have the rest of the day to tour Bergen. July 8 early morning we will start the Norway in a Nutshell tour Bergen-Flåm etc. There is an overnight train back to Oslo July 8, arriving July 9. It is easier to take nonstop flights Oslo to London July 9 in the morning, where we need to be. There is one nonstop flight from Bergen, but @18:00 which is too late for us. Any thoughts on such a plan? Thank you again.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norway!

On such a tight schedule I would try to avoid travelling via Oslo if possible. Norwegian has a direct morning flight from Bergen to London Gatwick at 9:10 arriving LGW at 10:20. Is that early enough, and which airport in London will you be travelling from?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Norway!

That early nonstop would be wonderful. I fail to see that on the web. We only found one SAS at 18:00 Bergen-Heathrow nonstop. This 9:10 Bergen-Gatwick would be ideal! We just need to get to London Paddington Train station from the airport. Which airline is that? Please let us know. Thank you so much!

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,510 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Norway!

Norwegian

http://www.norwegian.com/uk/

www.avinor.no/lufthavn/bergen/direkteruter

10. Re: Norway!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 12:05