We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Day Trip from Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Glacier Day Trip from Bergen

Hello! We'll be spending one full day (+ evening before & early morning after) in Bergen June 4-6. On June 5, we would like to take some sort of day excursion to see a glacier. I don't particularly care to walk or hike across it, I just want to SEE one before they all melt, maybe close enough to touch it, nothing requiring spikes and winter coats and the like. Seems like most of what I have found on the internet are far more in-depth than we are looking for. Also, we are on a pretty tight budget, so I would rather avoid organized tours if we can (unless there are some relatively inexpensive ones out there).

a) Which glacier would be closest and most accessible from Bergen?

b) Any suggestions on how we should go about doing this?

Thanks so much for your help!

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,565 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glacier Day Trip from Bergen

Glacier in Norway are mostly in the central mountains between Oslo and Bergen. So if you travel between these cities it is possible to see glaciers at some point.

From the train:

…blogspot.com/-lruVQHUeL98/TYBsZUEw8RI/AAAAA…

finse.com/images/…panorana4.jpg

From road 7:

…blogspot.com/-YOA_Kn8c8j4/…untitled-0196.jpg

Buerbreen at Odda

fjordblick.com/wp-content/gallery/hordaland/…

Bøyabreen at Fjærland - the most accessible by car from Bergen

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…A6rland.jpg

2. Re: Glacier Day Trip from Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17