Me and my husband are planning on our first trip to Norway with the following itinerary
- Early Morning flight from London to Bergen (Arrival in Bergen at 10:30am)
- Bergen local. Take ferry to Stavanger in the evening (at 16:05hrs). Night at Stavanger
- Hike to Pulpit Rock. Overnight train from Stavanger-Oslo (departs at 22:40hrs from Stavanger)
- Copenhagen local. Night stay at Copenhagen
- Copenhagen local. Evening cruise back to Oslo (Departs:16:30hrs,Arrives next day at 09:45am)
- Oslo local. Night at Oslo
- Oslo-Flam morning 08:05am train. Night at Flam
- Flam-Bergen (Ferry,Bus and train from Voss to Bergen). Night at Bergen
- Evening flight to London (Departs at 18:15hrs)
1. Is the Oslo-Copenhagen (and reverse) cruise worth doing 2 times (onward and return)?
2. Is there any faster way to reach Oslo from Copenhagen, other than this 17hr cruise
3. As per this itinerary, we will be spending half day in Bergen the first day and then on the last day we will get time till we goto airport to fly back. Is this time enough to see Bergen?
4. The idea of 1 night train and 2 nights on ship is that we will save good amount of money on hotels for 3 nights. Are we thinking right?
5. Does the overall itinerary look too tight?
6. Any suggestions for change in this itinerary?
I cant perceive how far the places will be. From my initial research I could only say the public transport is not very frequent.
I appreciate all your help in tuning this itinerary for a enjoyable holiday without too much rushing. I understand Norway is a spectacular place and want to get a taste of all its beauty in this first trip of ours.