We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with luggage

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with luggage

Hi I am flying to Bergen with my son on the 29th August and will stay there for one night. On the following day we take the round trip from Bergen via Myrdal, which includes travelling on the Bergen railway, Voss bus, Bergen Railway and fiord cruise in a narrow fiord on the way back.

I have read here on this forum stories about the delay that suitcases can cause in getting in and out of buses and missing your next transportation because too many tourist around. Should we take only hand luggage or is it safe at this time of the year travelling with suitcases? Many thanks.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,914 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with luggage

I suppose you are talking about the Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen to Oslo. Late August is not peak season, but it is really difficult to tell how busy the trip will be on this particular day. IMO it is always convenient to travel with as little luggage as possible.

There is a way around the luggage issue

http://www.porterservice.no/

Manchester
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with luggage

Thanks Klimaflyktining. It is the the Nutshell tour I think but it does not involve going to Oslo if that makes any sense to you. We shall travel with hand luggage only I think. Regards,

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,914 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with luggage

You mean a round trip Bergen/Bergen ? Then you would not need to take any luggage - it is just a day trip.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,937 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with luggage

I must have not paid attention if someone have reported on the Norway forum they have missed a connection due to handling their own luggage.

Traveling with all your luggage, if you make a stop over, will not be a problem as long as you are able to carry it yourself.

5. Re: Travelling with luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18