We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do 2 days in Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Topic
What to do 2 days in Bergen

Hi There,

We'll be in Bergen for 2 full days next year in July first week 2 adults and 2 kids(10/.14)...We wanna see the fjords and visit the city. We want to book round trip from Bergen with "Norway in a nutshell" sorry but I'm really confused how it works..We should buy one day tkt in advance or when we'll be there we can purchase at that time?..

It's a tour to Fjord or it will be just tkt from NIN and we've to take bus and train by our ownself?..Day 1 we can do this NIN..Day 2 how we can spend?..We should do city sightseeing or what else u can suggest?..Can we explore city by busses?..What is Bergen card should we buy that and it will worth it just for airport to city and one day city busses?..Need advise ur input much appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,388 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

The NiN is a travel pass on public transport - so yes, you are on your own. You can buy from the tourist office after arrival. July is peak season and the NiN can be busy, you may want to consider one of the other fjord tour options on offer.

Central Bergen is small and compact and you can do everything on foot. No need for any passes for only two days. With a full day fjord tour you will have only one day in Bergen anyway.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

Thanks for ur quick response..With NIN should I go for 1 day or 2 days?..Should I go for Hardangerfjord or Sognefjord?...For full day city sightseeing can u pls recommend what we can see in one full day?..can we do that via busses?

Thanks

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,388 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

I suggest you study the different fjord tour options and decide the one that appeals to your most. Hardangerfjord is normally less busy.

For what to see and do in Bergen, please consult the official tourism web-site and choose according to your own interests.

http://www.visitbergen.com/en/attractions/

Edited: 11 December 2013, 20:27
Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

Hi,

Since you have only two days in Bergen, I'd recommend doing the Nutshell trip in one day (which is what people normally do). There's a lot of different fjord excursions to do from Bergen - you'll find them all here visitbergen.com/en/… but please note that this is not yet updated for 2014.

The other day I would recommend that you spend exploring Bergen. You should find a couple of museums or attractions that you find interesting, then see if the Bergen Card will save you some money. The Tourist Information office can help you with this! There are several options for sightseeing, both on boat and by bus, including hop on/hop off buses.

Best regards,

Bergen Tourist Information

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

Thank u so very much for ur responses..I think I'll go with NIN tour for one day and I belive I should book that in advance coz July will be the high season..For 2nd day plaese advise we're with kids so if we take Hop on off bus is that will be a good idea to explore the city?..Can u please let me know what r must see in the city as we have very less time and I want that time to utilize well worth it..

What will be the best trasport option coming from Airport to city?...

Thanks!

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

Sorry for asking what must to see..Now I figure out Day 1 NIN..Day 2 please advise is this sound ok go for ULRIKEN cable car then Bryggen after that Fish market and then if we have time go for Kode Museum..

Now my only question is to do all this in the city what trasport should we use Busses will be the best option?...When we board then buy the tkt?..Again

What will be the best trasport option coming from Airport to city?...

Thanks!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,388 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

You will only need transport to get to Ulriken - all other is easily done on foot. Some of the ho-ho buses also serve Ulriken and I think there is other organised transport getting there as well. Local buses are also an alternative. You may want to consider doing mount Fløien instead of Ulriken, views are good and starting point is not far from the fish market/tourist office. Do Fløien in the afternoon - in the morning there are often long waiting lines.

I suggest you decide in detail while there. Weather may dictate indoor activities rather than those outdoors.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 17:00
houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

Hmm I thought Ulriken cable car take us to Mt. Floyen?..That's the way to reach Mt.Floyen?..After fish market is Kode Museum is the better option or Aquarium or something else u can suggest ?...

Any suggestion how to come from Airport to city?..Cab or busses?..

Thanks.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,388 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

No, Ulriken cable car takes you to mount Ulriken. The Fløien funicular takes you to mount Fløien.

Getting from the airport there are airport coaches and taxis available. If you can fit your luggage and all 4 persons into one taxi, a taxi is good value and takes you to the door of your accomodation. The coaches serve the main bus station and the major hotels.

www.avinor.no/en/airport/bergen/tofromairport

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do 2 days in Bergen

Thanks a ton..