We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
797 reviews
Save Topic
Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

I am trying to decide between these two hotels. Radisson Blu is 1345 NOK and Thon Bergen Brygge is 995 NOK. They both seem to be decent locations. Is Radisson Blu better? Or is the Thon just as good ? Which would you choose? Thank you. Vennlig heilsen

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

The location is almost the same. Google Maps will show you exactly where they are. The price is a good indication of the standard and you get what you pay for.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

Thank you. I would assume that you are saying that the Radisson Blu is a better hotel then

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

Hotel reviews at the top of this page are a good guide. The Radisson Blu Royal is No. 7 out of 41, the Bergen Brygge is no. 23. The Radisson Blu Norge is in a different location so make sure you book the right one if you want to be near the harbour.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 16:23
Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

There are two Radisson hotels in Bergen. Norge, in the middle of city center, and Royal at Bryggen on the opposite Harbor side of the Thon mentioned. Personally I prefer the Royal; I like to sleep with open window and there is more night-time activity around the Norge. Airport bus stops right outside the Royal, a 100 m walk from stop to the Norge which lies within the pedestrian area.

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
17 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

In my experience the Thon hotel is just as good. I have stayed in both and would go for the cheaper option.

6. Re: Thon Bergen Brygge or Radisson Blu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Bergen