We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice: Plane vs. Train Oslo to Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
100 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice: Plane vs. Train Oslo to Bergen

My husband and I are arriving in Oslo for 3 days before our daughter joins us for a Hurtigruten voyage. Spouse and I are doing Norway in a nutshell so we'll see the scenery via the train between Bergen and Oslo. Since my daughter gets into Oslo the night before our boat leaves, my question is should we spend most of the day doing the Oslo - Bergen rail again with her, or catch an early flight and see more of Bergen before our ship leaves at 8 pm? We will have most of the day before we go back to the states for her to see at least some of Oslo, but we won't be returning to Bergen. Thanks in advance!

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,726 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice: Plane vs. Train Oslo to Bergen

You could also consider the sleeper train to Bergen same evening that your daughter arrives, thereby saving a day 'backtracking', a night in hotel etc. And getting most of a day in Bergen.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 04:34
Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
100 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice: Plane vs. Train Oslo to Bergen

thanks much---had not considered that but its an excellent suggestion!

Regards,

Jean

3. Re: Need Advice: Plane vs. Train Oslo to Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16