We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Topic
Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Hi There,

Please have a look at my plan and help me to finalize is this sound ok:-

Day 1 Will arrive Bergen at 3pm by the time will arrive Radisson Norge hotel 4/4:30. Please let me know as we've half day can we go for Bryggen and the Funicular up to the top Mount floyen??..We're 2 adults and 2 kids(10/14) age.

Day 2 NIN tour..

Day 3 Fish market, Hanseatic museum..Are there other must see area you can recommend?..

Can we explore the city by bus or ?...Your advise much appreciated..

Thanks!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

You do not say when you are visting - in summer days are long and you can go to Fløien until 11pm or as long as the trains are running.

The city is compact and everything you are listing can be done on foot. The furthest away will be the railway station for your NiN-tour - it is approximately 800 m from Radisson Norge.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 20:05
houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Thanks for ur response..What do u suggest should I book this tour in advance or book it when we'll be there?.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Which tour ?? Norway in a Nutshell ?

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Check cruise arrivals in Flåm (Aurlandhavn) http://aurlandhavn.no/cruise/skipsanlop-2014/

and weather at http://www.yr.no/

then choose the best day for Flåm. Nothing to be booked - just buy the pass the day before at the tourist office or on the day at the station, or pay as you go.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Thanks all for your input..We just have one day to go for NIN tour in July 1st week saturday for NIN(Norway in nutshell) and I think July will be crowded..Will it not be a better idea to book this tour in advance for safe side..

Thanks again.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Did you check the cruise arrivals in Flåm in the link in my previous post? There are only about 1500 passengers in Flåm on 5th July (1st Saturday in July?), with about 1/2 arriving in the afternoon - so shouldn't be too crowded. If you had bothered to check Klima's excellent description of the NiN - link in #3 - you would have learned that it is not possible to reserve seats in advance - you can buy a travelpass at the tourist office or station or pay as you go. Buying at least a ticket Flåm - Myrdal - Bergen at Bergen station will save you having to queue for a ticket in Flåm, but there is no advantage in buying this before the day you travel.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

It is a travel pass on public transport, there are no bookings or reserved seats or anything of the kind. Buy the travel pass from the Bergen Tourist Office (you will most probably visit them anyway) or on-line is you wish. Or do some other fjord excursion, there are quite a few to choose from. See top questions in top right hand corner of the forum.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

Thank you so much for all ur inputs...

9. Re: Help to organise my final plan to Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16