We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a day between flights in Bergen

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
80 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
a day between flights in Bergen

Hello, we'll have a flight connection in Bergen on a Saturday. Could you please recommend a short scenic boat ride, I assume 3 hours max to be sure? Can we see the fjords in that time? I assume the rest of the time we'll walk around town, stop at the fish market, etc. Thank you!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,818 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a day between flights in Bergen

I am sorry, but 3 hours will only get you to one of the minor fjords.

rodne.no/sightseeing-en/…

I suppose you could also do a harbour cruise weather permitting.

rodne.no/sightseeing-en/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
521 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a day between flights in Bergen

If you are there and the day is relatively clear, take a trip to Mount Floyen via the Funicular. The views are great and if you are so inclined, you can walk down (takes about an hour) and then straight to the fish market for some lunch. You can then explore the old part of Bergen before heading to the airport.

3. Re: a day between flights in Bergen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16