We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Hi, I am taking the train from Flam to Voss, and bus from Voss to Bergen. I read on TA that it is much more scenic to take Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen via the north side of the Hardangerfjord and Norheimsund.. Can anyone tell me how often the bus runs or where I can see the schedule and how long the bus ride is from Voss to Bergen in Mid September? How does one tell what bus is Hardangerlinia? My flight leaves Bergen at 8:30 pm: therefore, I have to be sure I will be back to Bergen in time. Thank you for your expert advice.

Btw, is Voss train station far from the bus station?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

From Voss you must take bus line 990 to Granvin and then line 925 to Bergen. Time table here: skyss.no/globalassets/…linje_925.pdf

Buses have displays with destination and line number in front. If in doubt, ask the driver: …webnode.no/200002269-b7532b84d5/dieser-mb-i…

Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Iverh, thank you so much for such helpful information. The links are useful with planning my time. I have one question though. The bus schedule shows the arrival and departure of these two connecting buses are the same. Will the bus 925 waits for the passengers getting off bus 900? Thanks again.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Yes.

Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Thanks!

Ireland
Level Contributor
331 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Hi

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the price of the journey from Voss to Bergen?

Second question: are there discounts on the tickets for over 67s?

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
11,169 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

I count 27 zones - cost for over 67 is NOK 131

https://www.skyss.no/globalassets/priser/pri…

https:/…sonekart_2014_070114.pdf

alabama
Level Contributor
537 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Hi !

I just finished the NIN yesterday. I took the 950 bus from Voss to Bergen, about 2 hours ride and it was a beautiful ride . I was told by the bus driver that 950 is a shorter distance than the 925 bus. I think the bus fare is like 163 NOK. You could see the fjord along the whole journey. I think it might be the Hardangerfjord. I am not too sure about this. I hope the TA expert could help with this answer whether was it Hardangerfjord that I saw! Thanks

alabama
Level Contributor
537 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Hi Iverh,

Sorry to jump in here. I am now in Bergen, could u plse help me over here. I have bought a day pass from the bus stn, 80 nok. The staff from the bus stn, said we could travel up to Straume, kleppesto hjellestad, Arna, Asane. I have no idea about these places, it is just a last minute change of travel plan in Bergen. Would could u help me over here, where should i go for tomorrow. (planning to start to use the 24 hr ticket at 8.30am) . Thank you so much. Cheers !

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,621 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

They are just sub-urbs and marking the border for zone 1. Useless info unless you want to go to Ikea or some suburbian shopping center. You could take the tram to Paradis for the Fantoft Stave Church or to Hop for Troldhaugen. Or the bus to Milde Arboretum.

Edited: 08 September 2014, 20:24
alabama
Level Contributor
537 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hardangerlinja bus from Voss to Bergen?

Hi Klimaflyktning,

Good to hear from you. Sorry to jump in here for answer. I have open a new thread on this question. Anyway, we took a 950 bus back from Voss to Bergen, the bus trip was nice and beautiful, could see the fjord most all the way from Voss to Bergen. I guess must be the Hardangerfjord, so we decided not to do the Hardangerfjord then. And instead we went to the bus stn, they recommeded us the 24 hour but ticket. Anyway, i truly thank you so much for quick responding to my question. I will take note your suggestions. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have a lovely evening..it is colder here but not Olso. Cheers !