We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

I will be in Bergen for one day as part of Norway cruise. My nephew is now working in Bergen and I would like to see him but he will not finish work until 2pm His bus leaves him at the Fish Market where we will meet. We will not have long as my ship leaves at 6pm.

Could anyone recommend somewhere we can go for a quick chat he likes a beer but I would prefer a glass of wine, preferably close to the Cruise Port as time is limited.

Thank you

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,670 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

There are any number of places between the Fishhmarket and the cruise port. What kind of place did you have in mind ? There is everything from hotel bars to Irish pubs to funky retro places. And then there is Tracteurstedet inside Bryggen. They will all be able to serve a beer to him and a glass of wine to you.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

Thanks that is good news. I am just looking for a 'pub' as we Brits say where we can have a drink and a chat. Sounds like there are many options.

Thank you

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

Bergen downtown is compact, so most things are close, like 10-15 min walk. Cafe Opera, Bar Barista, To Glass...

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,670 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

Café Opera is in the opposite direction of the cruise port - BarBarista could be ideal and also stock some local brew from microbreweries (Vossaøl, Nøgne Ø, Ægir). They also serve wine by the glass. The coffee is excellent too.....

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g190502-d1…

Edited: 29 August 2014, 08:43
Oslo
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port
Visit Norway What's this?

Hello,

In Bergen you will find just about everything, from tea rooms to gourmet fish restaurants, from small bistros to discotheques, bars and nightclubs. Please visit our page for another option in a convenient location:

www.visitnorway.com/en/product/?pid=91340

Content provided by Visit Norway: www.visitnorway.com
6. Re: Good place for a beer close to the Cruise Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:16