We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Hello!

How to get from Bergen airport to Hurtigruten terminal? Is it far away?

Is it possible to walk from the town center to the Hurtigruten terminal?

Many thanks in advance!

Linnen

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Hello.

From Bergen airport Flesland to Hurtigruten terminal it is about 15km.

You can take the airportbus to Bergen Bystasjon ( the bus terminal) and from there ( during the day - not evening) by a free shuttle bus to Noestet ( a turqoise little bus). It is NOT a shuttle bus to the Hurtigruten, but a shuttle to that part of Bergen ( only about 2 km from the bus terminal). Or you can walk from the airportbus stop at Radisson SAS Hotel Norge ( about 10 min. walk). A taxi from the airport to Hurtigruten is about NOK 230 -250.

Grethe

Prittlbach, Germany
Level Contributor
574 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

I did this 4 weeks ago,

exiting Bergen airport the airport bus (flybussen) is waiting on the right hand side. There's a bus every 15 min. Every second bus (so every 30 min) will stop directly at the Hurtigruten terminal (the other bus goes directly to the city center), ask the driver whether it's the bus that is waiting or whether you have to take the next bus. You buy a ticket from the driver, it's about 70 NOK p.P., tell him where you want to get out. It's about 30 min from the airport to the terminal.

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Grethe,Kwenga, many thanks to you!

By the way , do you know how it is in Kirkenes?

Is there a bus/train from Hurtigruten terminal to Kirkenes airport? If so, how long does it take? I am wondering if we can catch the 12.15 am flight to Oslo when we arrive at 10:00 at the Hurtigruten terminal.

Thank you in advance!

I'm looking forward to going to Norway!!!

Linnen

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Linnen

I just got back Wednesday from the round trip. People were getting off in Kirkenes and catching a bus the ship arranged to the airport for flights just after 12 - to Oslo, so it must be the one you;re getting. I do not know what they were paying, but the on board tour desk fixed the tickets.

Enjoy - it is a wonderful trip. must sees are the cathedral in trondheim, the city tour/cathedral in tromso, polaria, and I'd also recommend the fishing village trip from honningsvag, with coffee and cakes and christmas decs

Food on board is variable - b'fast and lunch buffets you can find something you like, though not necessarily amongst the hot selection. Dinner can be whale, reindeer or fish (also lamb, beef, pork). It was all nice - esp the reindeer, likes the whale least of all - but ask in advance if you want to switch to an alternative. And at dinner the portions will look small but it's expecvted that you will want seconds of your main course - the wait staff will expoect you to say "yes" when they ask

Prices are high - I found the £10 pint - but quality is high also and the prices are not inflated fopr tourists especially

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Hi John121

Thank you very much for your very usefull information!

As you just came back, may be you could give me your opinion/recommendation about the cabin category:

- we will travel either with MS Finnmarken or Polarlys, depending on the day we'll chose to start. Both have about the same configuration. We hesitate between a cabin on deck 3 or on deck 5 (double, outside). Is deck 5 really worth for it? Does it make a big difference?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Linnen

Prittlbach, Germany
Level Contributor
574 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

We were on the Nordlys, which is similar to the Polarlys, with a cabin on deck 3. I would prefer deck 3 to deck 5, on deck 5 people will walk by the window of your cabin since you can have a walk round the whole ship in the open (it's the same on Polarlys and on Finnmarken). The windows are meant to let you look outside only and not inside, but it's not 100% true and not at all if you switch on the light and don't pull the curtains. We also discovered in the information leaflet of the Nordlys that the cabins on deck 3 are slightly larger than on deck 5 (and deck 5 cabins being larger than deck 6).

Deck 3 was fine, we were close to the reception ( so somewhere in the frontal half) and there was virtually no sound or vibration from the engine. So the N-category cabins somewhere in the middle / to the front are really good, don't bother about deck 5.

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Linnen - I totally agree with the above recommendation. On Deck 5 you will be constantly awared that people can see into the cabin a lot of the time and may be standing outside smoking, talking, watching the scenery, etc. I was in U grade 603, which was excellent, but be warned the cabins are all small. deck 3 v deck 6, 6 any time. Why? because on deck 3 the world starts just outside your door - much more hussle and bussle. Deck 5 or 6 is more tranquil internally. Deck 6 is perfect - no hassle inside or out.

Be aware also that bottle water is 300K for the round trip, the wine card is about £300 for the round trip.

I was on a "special" that did not include lunch. 275K if paid daily, but 144K if you bought eleven on boarding. See the maitre d. The cafe is OK for snacks, but at lunchtime a meal there would cost more than 144K

I sailed on Polarlys and loved the ship

John

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

kwenga and John121 thank you so much!!

Indeed, this won't be a cheap journey...

I'd have 2 more questions: do you have time for shopping during the stops (we are travelling half way, northbound, in winter)?

Is it better to book the different excursions already now by our travel agent or can you do that once on board ?

Thanks in advance.

Linnen

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Hello Linnen.

I have done the Hurtigruten trip several times, and you have enough

time to do some shopping both in Aalesund, Trondheim, Bodoe,Tromsoe and also Honningsvag.

From the Hurtigruten quay in Aalesund it is about 5 minutes walk along the inner harbour to a shopping center.

In Trondheim you arrive rather early in the morning, and it will take you some 20-30 minutes by foot to the very centre and the cathedral Nidarosdomen.

In Bodoe the ship docks a bit out of the city centre, but you can easily walk into the pedestrian zone in half an hour where you find all sorts of shops.Also in Tromsoe where you arrive aorund 3p.m. you find several shops " just around the corner".

The excursions can be bought onboard and every day there will be given info about the next port of call. I would say you can sightsee every port without going on an organised tour. But if you want to do the dogsledge tour or the scooter trip in Kirkenes, it has to be organised.

Have a nice trip.

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bergen airport-Hurtigruten terminal

Many thanks Grethe!!

I can't wait untill I'm in Norway!!

Have a nice time.

Linnen