We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alesund airport transport

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Alesund airport transport

Do any of you guys have experience of travelling from the airport to the town centre.Is there a bus/train/cab,what would you recommend?

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alesund airport transport

Airport bus or taxi.

Bus between the airport and Ålesund centre with departure after regular flight arrivals. Departure from Ålesund centre about 1 hour before departure. Travel time: about 25 minutes, and the bus stops at the major hotells. NOK 77 - €9,50 one way.

Travel time to Ålesund centre is about 15 minutes.

About NOK 450 - €55 one way.

I always go by bus or own car.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alesund airport transport

Thanbkyou very much for your advice,good old tripadvisor friends always there to help.

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alesund airport transport

Your welcome. Delighted to help. Can I ask you; is the trip to Ålesund business or pleasure? Spare time?If you need some advice, I'm here.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alesund airport transport

I have been away for a little while,our trip is purely leisure,we have a friend who is to be married in Gerainger and Aalesund is our second step to meeting up with all of the wedding guests before getting on the boat to Gerainger.We are really looking forward to visiting your country in August,I like to plan ahead !.

While I am on here perhaps you could advise me on the best currency to bring,is NOK the preferred option or maybe Euros.

Thanks again

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alesund airport transport

Lucky you, wedding celebration in Geiranger. That's something to tell... I suppose you will stay in Hotel Union. In September I'm going to Hotel Union with my company for a leisure week-end. You can look forward to the boat trip. It's a beautiful sailing. Scenic. The trip to Geiranger will give you memories for lifetime. Cross my fingers for good weather and normally August is the best summer month in this area.

I'm sure the boat trip is with guide, but some informations in advance:

Do you know that Geiranger is one of the Worlds Heritage Site? The travel magazine National Geographic Traveler has ranked the Geirangerfjord top of all the World Heritage Sites. ”The Geirangerfjord is so fantastically visual as you sail into it. When you encounter Geiranger itself, it seems like a tourist village” (Tourtellot, Jonathan. National Geographic Traveler).

Something Tourtellot finds very positive about Geiranger, however, is the Fjord Centre, where you can learn what the fjord is and about its culture and history. And, not least, it raises your awareness of what you stand to lose if the distinctive character of the area is not protected.

http://www.geiranger.no/

Hope you have time for a visit at the Fjord Center. The interactive multimedia exhibit is incredible. Don't rush through the Fjord Center. Really informative. http://www.fjordsenter.info/

NOK is the best currency to bring with you.

Don't hesitate to contact me if further questions.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alesund airport transport

Hi,me again,I have just found out that there is a food festival at the time of our stay in Aalesund,that must be why hotels are difficult to find,stiil found space at Clarion Collection.

What can you tell me about the food festival,I quite like eating!!

Thanks

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alesund airport transport

Strange; 2 days ago I e-mail the festival for this years program. No answer so far.

The Norwegian Food Festival in Ålesund’s mission statement is to promote the production, development and consumption of Norwegian food derived from Norwegian raw ingredients from agriculture and fishing. People’s festivals, national championships, trade fairs, seminars, trade forums, concerts and other cultural events have also become fixed “ingredients” of the festival.

Their website is not updated, but you can have a look:

www.matfestivalen.no/default.asp?menu=86

I know there are some changes this year. Some of the competetions are moved to Stavanger city. I will post some lines when I have news for you.

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alesund airport transport

Dates for the food festival: 27.08.08 - 31.08.08

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alesund airport transport

Here I am again! Found something on web:

www.visitalesund.com/default.asp…

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alesund airport transport

Todays news about the food festival ultimo August.

Taken from our local newspaper:

The organizers will focus on seafood. Party tents with stands for tasting, "Farmers market" with agricultural products for sale, ecological food award etc Samba music and dance. Cross fingers for good weather!