We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

I would like to get a bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August and arrive the latter before 12:00 noon - can someone please advise me what time the bus leaves Alesund on the day or what other alternative public transport there is...

Thanks in advance for your advise...

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

I do not think there is a service that will get you to Geiranger before noon. Your best option would be Hurtigruten with an arrival at 13:25 + the tendering ashore.

http://www.hurtigruten.no/

Or this option with departure from Ålesund at 9am

visitalesund-geiranger.com/en/…

For other options you can try this travel planner

http://www.177mr.no/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

According to the time table you may take a bus from Ålesund at 0900 and arrive in Geiranger at 1155. See the time table p. 40: 177mr.no/Portals/…Nettbuss-Sunnmore.pdf . You will have to change buses at Sjøholt and before/after the ferry Linge-Eidsdal.

On week-days and in the afternoon there are direct buses, but not on a Saturday morning.

Travel planners are great when they work, but in this case it failed to find the itinerary suggested by the time table.

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

Thanks for the above...

Can someone confirm if this can work:

31 August: Take the bus from Ålesund at 09:00 via Sjøholt. Change bus in Sjøholt and then take another leaving Sjøholt at 09:55 to Geiranger and arrive at 11:55?

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

ok thanks, hadn't seen your reply before my question below...

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

Hello!

This seems like an old post, but I really need to know some stuff about the bus from alesund to geiranger! We're planning to take a plane from oslo to alesund on 5 august (arrive 8.25am) and then take a bus from the terminal that is due to depart at 11.45am. May I know if this is enough time to travel from the airport to the bus terminal?

And also, do I understand correctly that we will board the same bus again after taking the ferries at liabygda and linge?

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

If possible, I would also like some advice on the approximate price of taking such local buses, because I can't seem to find a price chart or something like that for the route from alesund to geiranger and back. What kind of price range would I be expecting?

And do I have to book tickets in advance? If so, where? (Fjord1 doesn't seem to do bus services anymore and everything seems to be in Norwegian which I can't understand!!)

Thanks in advance!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

1. Yes, plenty of time. The airport bus takes 25min.

2. There is only 1 ferry, Linge-Eidsdal, and yes, you will board the same bus (luggage can stay onboard).

3. The fare is 195NOK.

4. It is not possible to book tickets in advance, you buy your ticket from the driver when boarding (cash only).

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

You should have plenty of time to get to Ålesund from the airport providing the flight is on time and the airport bus is in your favour (they normally do correspond with the flights though).

The various options on getting from Ålesund to Geiranger by local bus (and ferry) are listed here - prices included.

visitalesund-geiranger.com/en/…

With google translate and a little bit of imagination you should be able to figure out the timetables.

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

Okay, thank you so so much for your help!! Getting around Norway seems really complicated, having a really tough time searching for the information so I really appreciated the clear advice.

Thank you again!! :D

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Alesund to Geiranger on 31 August 2013

Can anyone help me with the route timetable from alesund to geiranger by bus on 31 may 2014

Get answers to your questions about Alesund