We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

Hey!

I want to travel from Kristiansund to Alesund and take the Atlantic Road... Can you tell me if there is a public transport bus from Kristansund to Molde which drives over this road? Or any other ideas to do it (I am travelling alone)?

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Oslo
Level Contributor
14,819 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

You have to travel via Molde, bus:

177mr.no/public_files/docs/EIDEAUTOBussrute2…

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

Thank you very much!! Will I travel all the Atlantic Road with this bus?

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,819 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

The Atlantic road is a relatively short stretch of road (about 5 km) over a line of small islands (skerries). Most of the bus ride is modestly interesting, IMO.

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

Okey! But I think for me it's the best way to do it! Rent a car is too expensive because I'm alone and I don't know if hitch-hike works?! It's just a pity that the bus doesn't stop on the Atlantic Road for enjoying the view and taking pictures...

Paris-Rome
Level Contributor
3 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road

hello! did you manage to go to Atlantic Road? And how? (I'm on the same situation: arriving in Kristiansund at 4pm and it seems there is no buses going via Atlantic Road on Saturday and at that time! - I will need to be back to Kristiansund by 1 am to take my ferry back).

Reply to: Travel to Molde by Atlantic Road
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted