We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

Dear Travellers,

We're going to SVG airport on a Sunday, (arrival time: 8 AM) and I checked the bus schedules. I am very surprised to find that both the Flybussen and the domestic route 9 are starting operation from Sola Airport at 10 AM. One more: the bus 9 doesnt go to the airport on Sunday, it departs from somewhere some roads beyond.

What do you think, are the schedules correct? No buses to catch from a plane arriving? Then what are the options? No way to avoid the expensive taxi ride?

Thanks very much for help!

Mentioned in this post
Sola Airport
Sola Airport
Stavanger, Norway
Pulpit Rock
Lookouts, Hiking Trails, Mountains, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

Here are the schedules for the airport bus. Departure starts before the birds wake up, even on Sundays:

flybussen.no/kunde/…Flybussen2013.pdf

I have not checked the no. 9 bus.

Edited: 13 August 2013, 22:48
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

Sorry, misread your post. See now that you are going FROM the airport. Which airline are you flying and where are coming from? Normally there is a bus for every arrival.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

WizzAir flight from Gdansk. Arrival time: 7:55 AM.

Yes, it is so strange that minding the schedule we have to wait for 2 hours...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

Your flight is the only one arriving this early on a Sunday morning, the next arrival is at 0930. It is no excuse, but I guess the bus company hasn't found it worth it to run a bus.

The distance to the center of Stavanger is only 14km, a taxi will cost 400-500 NOK, if you team up with some of your fellow passengers to a group of 4p, a taxi won't cost much more than the bus.

5. Re: From Airport to Stavanger City Center on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22