We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stavanger-Preikstolen-Kjeragbolten

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stavanger-Preikstolen-Kjeragbolten

Hello

My friend and I will be traveling from Bergen to Stavanger on June 18 by bus (arriving around 14:00). We are heading up to preikstolen that day via Tau.

We want to take the boat from Forsand to Lysebotn on the 19th. Since we don't have a car, we can't get over to Forsand until later in the morning. I believe there is a boat at 14:00 from Forsand. We will arrive at Lysebotn around 15:25. Is there a bus we can take to go up to the Kjerag trail head, at Øygardstø (near the Kjerag restaurant )? Or we've to hike up the zig-zag road to the trail head, since we won't have a vehicle? If there is, where can I find the bus company schedule between Øygardstø and Lysebotn?

If the weather is not a problem, we'll camp in the mountain, and hike back down to Øygardstø on the morning of 20th. I'm wondering if I have to go back to Lysebotn and take a boat back to Stavanger? Or if there is a bus I can take from Øygardstø through the mountain back to Stavanger?

Do you think my plan is possible in terms of transportation and time?

Thank you in advance for all the information.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stavanger-Preikstolen-Kjeragbolten

1) There is no scheduled bus between Lysebotn and Øygardsstøl. The only bus is the tour bus for Kjerag hikers operated by Tidereiser. There is no time table published any more, but it used to go down to Lysebotn and return around 1600 to Øygardsstøl and Stavanger. You should contact Tidereiser and ask: http://www.tidereiser.com/hikingtour-kjerag . Another option is to try to hitch a lift with one of the cars on the ferry.

2) Same bus as 1), returning to Stavanger from Øygardsstøl at 1645 arriving Stavanger at 1915.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stavanger-Preikstolen-Kjeragbolten

Thank you for the information. I guess we will just plan as we go and see what happens.

3. Re: Stavanger-Preikstolen-Kjeragbolten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17