We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Bangkok, Thailand
6 posts
Save Topic
Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

Hi

I will take a ferry from hirtshals(denmark) to stavanger.

However, ferry port is at Utenriksterminalen (Risavika havn) ,Kontinentalveien 31,N-4056 Tananger)

Any bus from this port to stavanger city center?

Thank you

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

Yes, bus no.9 travel from Stavanger to Risavik havn and stops by the Utenriksterminalen. The stop is called Risavik havn. It is a 35 minutes bus ride.

kolumbus.no/en/…

Bangkok, Thailand
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

Thank you

I searched the journey planner. The ferry arrives at 7.00 in the morning. But the first bus leaves Risavik havn at 15.35 on weekdays

However, there are many buses run all day from Tjora where is far from Risavik havn about 2 kilometers.

Do you have any public transportation recommendation from Risavik havn to Tjora?

Or other ways to stavanger?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

http://goo.gl/maps/MfBWL

There is no public transport from Risavik havn in the morning going anywhere unfortunately. You either have to walk or get a lift from one of the other passengers. Alternatively take a taxi to the bus stop. Call the taxi call center and they will send you a taxi, there are usually several taxis in the area as they are dropping off business people in Tananger and Risavika at that time (oil industry):

http://www.rogaland-taxi.no/newsread/

Most, if not all passengers, will bring their car on the journey. See if you can talk to someone onboard and arrange something. Truck drivers may be your best option as families bringing their personal car may be fully loaded already.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

You should be able to walk to the bus stop at Tjora in about 20min, there is a walkway next to the road all the way: https://goo.gl/maps/4Mnh3

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

I *think* the bus departs from the next bus stop after the roundabout past Schlumbersger's offices. So slightly longer than iverh indicated. You can always check when you reach the bus stop as the timetable is there. If I remember next tine I drive by I will stop and verify.

Bangkok, Thailand
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

Thank you very much for both of u.

It's very helpful.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

I "think" that bus #9 comes from Sandnes via Stavanger airport and drives Tanangervegen from beginning to end. It would be weird if it didn't stop at Tjora bus stop, it is also indicated in the time table: kolumbus.no/globalassets/ruter/bussruter/sta…

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

Indeed, but note that not all the buses comes from Sandnes. Some departures turn around at Tjora/Snøde and starts there (ref the timetable).

9. Re: Any Bus from Risavika havn to stavanger city center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16