We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Pulpit Rock in Jørpeland from Stavanger

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
124 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Pulpit Rock in Jørpeland from Stavanger

So far, we are planning to arrive via bus at about 9PM from Bergen and will stay near Pulpit Rock in Jørpeland. I am currently trying to research the best way to get to Jørpeland. Car rentals seem to cost about $353USD/2 full days for us since we can only drive automatic. Once in Stavanger, I looked into taking the Stavanger-Tau ferry then bus but it is very confusing to me (what route, what the time table is, etc.) Plus we'll need a way to get to the hiking spots too (Pulpit Rock and Kjerag). So should we simply rent a car or would public transportation be doable? If it doesn't save a lot on time and/or money, I suppose a rental car would be the best option. There's a chance we may just fly to Stavanger instead as well (not sure if this would make a difference).

Any thought are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Pulpit Rock in Jørpeland from Stavanger

Please read the top questions about Stavanger. =======>>>>>>>>>

2. Re: How to get to Pulpit Rock in Jørpeland from Stavanger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 07:16